Be me

>be me
>bored
>open steam
>pick random game from backlog
>play for 5 min
>lose all interest
>repeat

Bros, how do I enjoy vidya again? I used to love it as a kid, but now it's become a chore. Even the games I really used to enjoy are now stale and I honestly don't know why that is.
How do you just have fun with a game, even if it's bad?

Attached: 20220617_233807.jpg (828x551, 67.79K)

I don't have ADD. The only reasons I open Steam is to check in if there's something new that needs to go on my backlog.

i am too smart
i just instantly see the optimal play
i don't have to think i just crunch numbers instantly
there is no drive for discovery if you just understand everything instantly
i am too smart
>lol lmao go back to r*ddit mmummhjm r/iamverysmart hauhruhauhruah
ok

Anyone claiming to be smart is never smart.

When was the last time you didn't try and play a game every single day?
You're bored of the hobby, it happens to everyone, artists and musicians get it all the time too.

The cure is to do something else for a while. You're bored of video games and you don't know how to have fun any other way, so you're struggling.

Unfortunately it's the opposite. When I hit any kind of roadblock I have no interest in continuing to play.

>I'm just too smart
>I'm also Intelligent, Nihilistic and with a Wicked Sense of Humor
Tell me more, Genesis Valentine.

I don't play often though. Maybe once every couple weeks. I have other hobbies, and they can get tiring, but it's not nearly at the same level as with vidya.

Don't play them for a few months. They'll be more fun when you do play them.

Also don't use Any Forums. It's easy to use this shithole as a surrogate for fun.

How do you manage to keep yourself engaged when playing?

I'll give it a try. I have taken long breaks like that before, although not intentionally.

I don't know if you're OP, but if you are, I don't feel obligated to complete my backlog. My backlog is made up of games I want to play. Not games I necessarily want to beat. If I play a game and it's not good I stop, remove it from my backlog and never think about it again.

There isn't a guy holding a gun to your head telling you that you HAVE to beat the game or it cannot come off your backlog. If it's fun and engaging play to the end, but if it ever stops being fun or engaging then stop playing, take it off your backlog and play something else. No shame in being picky.

OP here. It started out for me like that as well, but then I rarely ever touched any games that I put on there and just kept piling on to the heap. Now I have around 100 games on it, very few of them that I've even opened. Thank you for the advice though.

Literally me. I have like 610 games on Steam and I've only played like 80 of them (and most of those only for a few hours). I enjoy buying games more than actually playing them. What the fuck do I do?

Attached: 1656211999373.gif (256x192, 3.67K)

Cheers user. Don't let your backlog control you. Never forget that video games are suppose to be fun, if they stop being fun they're not worth playing.

Play a competitive multiplayer game and stop being a single player tard.

if you're so smart then why can't you discover or invent a way to enjoy playing video games

Attached: 1658631288278729.jpg (647x600, 87.14K)

Same here, I work 40 hours a week so it’s not like I’m a burned out NEET

>>be me
found your problem op

see

Stop playing the homogenized 3rd person AAA copy-paste games. Second, you need to have a genuine interest in the game - i.e. it needs to feel like a mystery or you need to have an obsession to master it.
The truth is most games are shit and more you play the more you recognize their traits because the fact is there hasn't been any innovation in games for over 10 years now.
You just need to find a niche and go for it.
I'd suggest you could try emulating PS1/2 games and pick a genre you have never played. I don't know.