Is self inserting in video game supposed to be a bad thing?

Is self inserting in video game supposed to be a bad thing?

Attached: 68d.png (601x458, 341.05K)

As long as you play it as a joke is fine. Otherwise it's cringe.

Attached: aggPg9W_460swp_1.png (460x678, 225.96K)

That's not the creator, that's literally some random dude who saw the character and went "LITERALLY ME"

Attached: 1660914018752.jpg (1080x738, 164.22K)

That's not the dev you retard

Yes
fiction is about empathizing with the characters, to put yourself in their shoes and imagine having lived their life
self-inserting is the diametric opposite of that, where you project your shoes onto the character and imagine they are just like you, and ignore or complain about every facet of the story that doesn't accommodate this

What is the line on the side of his head? A chiseled cheekbone?

only when the character is a piece of shit, like with YIIK

>fiction is about empathizing with the characters
Not always. Games like TES allow you either roleplay as someone else or just insert yourself into the world.
It's fiction, do what you want. You are hurting exactly nobody as long as you are having fun.

Attached: 1660430747953514.jpg (640x480, 29.76K)

There is self-insertion in all media, some just do it better than others

This game is the omega pleb filter.
>Waa waa my MC is a piece shit that reflects how gamers treat others in the world of video games as a meta commentary this game is pretentious!
Cry more faggots.

Alex Yiik has a bicycle seat face under that hipster beard, yeah.

>plebs filtered ITT

Attached: YIIKES.jpg (1559x1673, 575.91K)

I've far more issues with the size of the script relative to how much it actually conveys, as well as how the gane just seems to revel in wasting time.

No retard, i'm getting filtered because boss fights are 40 minutes of doing the same thing while the OST tries to skullfuck me in the ear

Gamers should spend less time worrying about self-inserting and be more concerned with self-reflection. Video games are not seen as a a valid storytelling medium and that is largely due to the audience.

Attached: Objective Truth.jpg (1000x1100, 259.8K)

Sometimes this happens at work but I'm nice enough that no one says anything to my face about it

Attached: jotaro sweating.jpg (2400x1600, 180.79K)

if I were to make a game I would make myself an antagonist, if not endboss then the enbosses main henchman.

>cringe galore
you just know who he votes for...

fellow yiikers, any news on 1.5?

Do people actually self-insert in vidya?
I like creating various different characters and make up backstories for them in games where it's possible.
Self-inserting sounds so fucking lame in comparison

I do
Don't care if its boring
I have fun and that's all that matters