Just finished this. Pretty good...

Just finished this. Pretty good, story isn't on par with the first one but I had fun mucking about and role-playing as the best Mr. Bubbles rapture has ever seen.

What were your thoughts?

Attached: 1660909238086.jpg (1440x1860, 351.17K)

It felt more like a really good expansion pack rather than a full blown sequel. The gameplay was improved, combat was better, hacking and research were less tedious. The Minerva's Den DLC was pretty good too.

Aged better than 1 due to all the gameplay improvements and story not relying on a twist

Yeah, the story of 1 is only fun on 1st and half of the 2nd playthroughs, then the plot holes become really obvious and annoying. It really is all that twist, the 2nd one stands on it's self and doesn't grate nearly as much

It was kino. Massively improved gameplay and I preferred the story, mainly because it doesn't rely on a twist which is basically identical to the one I'd already seen in System Shock 2. Easily the best of the trilogy.

From a level design and atmosphere standpoint I think the game took a hit, areas feel smaller and not as foreboding. Ironically despite the decade between time periods I feel like the buildings are less decrepit than the first game, this is water damage and urban decay compared to war ravaged areas and madmen vandalizing things
Gameplay wise I think it’s generally superior, cool weapons, convenient plasmids, a viable upgrade path for almost everything and drill-dashing is brilliant. New Splicers and Big Daddy/Sisters are great to fight without being completely insane
Philosophically I don’t think Sofia Lamb is as interesting as Ryan, but then again I always felt like the game was overrated in that sense. She’s a fine villain that deserves more recognition as an apathetically insane collectivist death cult leader

Attached: C3A06AAA-9816-4DA9-BE57-D1168118B7ED.jpg (1024x729, 57.25K)

I'm still baffeled people still consider Infinite a better sequel just because it was set in the sky and the story was 2 deep 4 everyone, creator included.

>story isn't on par with the first one
Wrong, its much better
>but muh twist
Cringe

It's because 2 is seen as the shitty B-team rehash of the first game no one asked for.
And on surface Infinite seems incredibly ambitious, creative and has the original creator behind it. 2 is so underrated it hurts.

Attached: 1474644574743.webm (1280x720, 2.78M)

I got the same view as just about everyone else - it’s beautiful from a graphics, setting and art direction point of view, but bland-to-horrific in every other sense that matters
I just don’t get why they were so stingy with enemy placements for one thing, there’s like three Handymen in the game, like two Klu Klux Krows you can fight and a rare Fireman every other area. They sure loved spamming Patriots even though they should’ve been rarer

The first one still has the beast areas.
Fort Frolic is unmatched in the serires

When it first came out I wasn’t a fan but it kept growing in me after each play through. Definitely better than Infinite. Unironically, after each infinite play through the more I disliked it.

But my only gripe with 2 is I missed looking out of the windows and seeing other parts of the city like 1 had. In 2 the windows were fogged over

basically the same as yours. What it lacked in emotionally compelling horror it made up for by letting me force lightning chuds and drill their guts out while they were pinned in place

I believe Infinites two-weapon system really, really held back the fun
Unlike Halo or CoD which has a constant stream of weapons to find, the former where loadouts drastically change gameplay and the latter is bound to eventually have your favorite gun turn up eventually/plenty of tools if you’re out of ammo, Infinite has like a dozen weapons that all mostly do the same thing except you’re not guaranteed to find another revolver or grenade launcher if you ditch the one you have now. Kind of forces a clingy mentality where you have to insist on using your rare and impractical gun you found two levels ago or stick with a boring but usable shotgun/machine gun pairing that gets you through the game
Compare to the first two games where you can use whatever you want, your favorite guns just happen to be better because you’ve given them more attention

First half is a bit slow and too similar in aesthetics to the first one (just rundown wood huts), but the second half really ramps it up and the ending is beautiful. Dionysus Park and the place where you find Gilbert are amazing

My favorite one, little sisters are cute with sweet lines and sinclair is a bro

Attached: 1660310294928.jpg (1280x720, 131.24K)

WASTED
POTENTIAL

The game has great atmosphere, maps and plot, but is lost in a corridor-linear shooter. The same with every "immersive sim" like Prey.
It would be great if it was a real RPG(instead of mere gimmicky level-ups) and open-world akin of S.T.A.L.K.E.R.

Attached: bombershock.jpg (580x448, 268.82K)

I still think one is better. I hate that now you have even more non-combat clutter in your weapons. It's basically just a reskin of 1 with the (admittedly very nice) dual wielding added in. It would have been great if they actually went all out and made your rivet gun not just a fucking revolver. Make it work like real Rosies and take like one or two hits to kill anything. Just give us less ammo and make it shoot slower like the crossbow.

Sinclair is a king.

Research sucks less, but still sucks. Literally just make it automatic and reduce the number of points you get. That way it still incentivizes killing enemies in different ways but I don't have to take out my camera before shooting every fucking enemy,

it's wasted potential because it's a different genre then the one you really really wish it was?
going off how i'm reading his post, i'd say you the type of person to talk about his "perfect game" or whatever if he had the money

my thoughts were that i couldn't get either the original version nor the remastered one from crashing all the time

Yup this. I always stuck with the shotgun/sniper rifle combo. There was no incentive to diversify the strategy

Kino, it didn't have an as strong presentation as 1 and returning to familiar locations are never gonna be as impactful but the gameplay is far superior.

The story is better. You can argue the ambiance is worse but the actual narrative and dialogue is stronger. Partially because 2 has more than 2 non-drugged up NPCs to talk to

Yes.
Imagine how many hours were spent on this lobby that you can barely notice in the split second it appears because you are in the scripted cawaduddy shooty-shooty corridor-linear sequence n.9318.
Linear shooters are boring and gay, get over it, zoomzoom.
But even worse, it ruins good atmosphere with fake emergency/time trials and no revisitation of places.

Attached: BIO_04.png (1920x1080, 2.62M)

Always and forever /ourguy/

He looks like her farts big daddy cum.