Put 50 polygons in front of a series of .JPGs

>Put 50 polygons in front of a series of .JPGs
>Snoys piss and shit themselves for 25 years

Attached: 38703.png (750x650, 96.29K)

dat thigh gap tho

>put colored squares on other colored squares
>nintendies piss and shit themselves for 35 years
this is how retarded you sound

Attached: SI_3DSVC_SuperMarioBros.jpg (2000x1000, 432.58K)

>bringing up nintendo randomly in a pcreddit thread
could you at least pretend not to be obsessed for five minutes?

Illusion, user.

I want to kill gays

>take lock on which was already a thing for 3 years
>call it Ztargeting
>tendies shit their pants about how a shitty action adventure game is revolutionary

Cloud Strife is first male vid game character I wanted to fuck.

Bideo Banes making anyone shid and fard themselves is always gonna be retarded.

27 here. Why did so many PS1 games have prerendered settings instead of fully modeled areas? It always bummed me out playing something like Crash 1 and 2 then FF7 or Resident Evil 1-3.

It made Snoys piss and shit themselves.

It allowed for more detailed graphics and lighting, at the cost of not being able to move your camera. Games like resident evil 2 would look notably more low-rez and probably have much choppier framerates if the backgrounds were done in real time.

What I want to know, though, is why haven't we had a game or re-release where the same models are used but in real time. I think the 2002 MYST remake did something like that but other then that there's been no such games. We could definitely do it nowadays, the technology is there.

Attached: forza horizon 5.jpg (2048x1152, 423.35K)

Schizo
Based

actually, looking closer it's clearly not the original model used in the prerendered images.

>post obvious shitty bait thread
>get called out on it
>"heh obsessed"
you're a joke

Attached: 1623001089629.jpg (219x219, 8.53K)

it allowed for higher graphical fidelity within the limited storage space of the physical media
but you'd you know if you weren't a fake nerd boy that can't even look things up

>he thinks the backgrounds were in .jpg format
come back when you educate yourself, son

Attached: 1655319612768.png (320x320, 127.3K)

>limited storage space of the physical media
It's literally the opposite, if prerendered backgrounds took less space JRPGs would have been all over the N64.

Because for a lot of the console's lifecycle handling so many polys was infeasible, as demonstrated by your examples being Crash Bandicoot which precalculated its 3D math and streamed it from the disc.

>Marketing just shows the FMVs

art style, aesthetics and direction always beat polycount and HD textures.
I'm playing ff7 today and it looks good to me.