Downloaded this game very recently having never played it before… went in with the assumption that it was going to be...

Downloaded this game very recently having never played it before… went in with the assumption that it was going to be meh, actually the best game I’ve played in a long time. Feels SOVLFUL like the games of my youth… over 30 hours clocked in now. What’s Any Forums‘s opinion on Dragon Quest Builders 2

Attached: 15BE4F97-40BA-43F9-B94A-D6FD03952D49.jpg (2048x2048, 1.77M)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=h6FpmNS9Zlg
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

I like it, it's basically Minecraft if Minecraft had a story or was good.

It's fun and the girls are cute.
What more do I need from a DQ game?

This game is fucking amazing and I spent more than 200h with it without being a DQ or a Minecraft fan.
I really wish they made a 3rd one.

It's cool but the ice chapter was some retarded bullshit, and in terms of story 1 was just more satisfying

>Feels SOVLFUL like the games of my youth
That's DQ main selling point tbqh

It's alright, but has negatives
>Too much tutorials/hand holding. Even in late game islands, the game is still holding your hand and talking your ear off
>Bad combat and lack of combat variety. Combat is very tedious and its mandatory to progress. And your only option combat is just swords. No projectiles or magic
>More linear than most building. You're really stuck on this set path for the majority of the game for no real incentive for branching out except for a few secret items or recipes.

Still a fun game. I liked some of the new ideas it brought in for building games. Like blueprints. Hope to be improved in a sequel. Hopefully with content that's more open ended

Attached: 282793155164639232.jpg (1920x1080, 186.84K)

why japan are now the only people who make SOVLFUL games ?

>soul
Well yeah it's a Dragon Quest game

yeah dragon quest builders 2 is so kino. I would also recommend builders 1 if it goes on sale for like $10-$20, but it's not as good.

The jungle when somebody joins is annoying too and fuck fuck FUCK the slow dim text shit. Seriously it feels like it's on-screen for an eternity. Two seconds to read and stays there for like 30+ seconds.

youtube.com/watch?v=h6FpmNS9Zlg

The game made me question my sexuality.

Attached: c6521510dde35592abb5dbdba20b3cad.jpg (800x1130, 152.13K)

>>Too much tutorials/hand holding. Even in late game islands, the game is still holding your hand and talking your ear off
yeah this is a big issue with the game

also compared to the first game they basically completely removed the survival aspect of the game and you constantly have npcs with you
in the first game you're usually alone when you go out of town

It's Minecraft done right. But unfortunately it's also Dragon quest so they had to pad the game with too much unnecessary story cuts. I like stories but don't kill the fucking pace of the game.
I really want to try playing the first but I'm not buying a console just for that.

Man a PC port of Builders 1 would be amazing. Just thing about all the mods they could have like back porting a lot of the QoL changes from Builders 2.

It's good.

Attached: E0y9a-3UUAAcpsf.jpg (1280x720, 137.46K)

Good game
I wish it had more of the same vibe from 1 but with the better gameplay
Story drags in some parts though and the combat is too basic despite all the combat encounters

Playing Minecraft without a golem or those 'put down a row of blocks all at once' tools just feels bad now.

>Absolutely can't jailbreak your bro
>Tear down all the shit you built for them
Fuck 'em

first one was fun as fuck and nostolgia for dragon warrior 1 rebuilding the world. story was pretty great for a minecraft clone game. made me want a zelda builders to have those types of snes trees and bushes, buildings, etc style game. never got this one since it was too expensive and took forever to drop in price. figured it would be same shit. hopefully they fixed the height limit of the world and more seeds for different bionomes, etc.