Everybody loves Sephiroth

>Everybody loves Sephiroth.
>Barely anyone even knows who Kefka is.

Why?

Attached: 1643920451935.jpg (106x150, 7.35K)

You made this thread already.

Okay?

What about all the antagonists outside of 6 and 7? Does anyone remember them?

Because VII is mainstream. Secondly Kefka and original Sephiroth are more similar than different. VII Sephiroth is bombastic, excited, jubilant, insane, laughs hard, talks a lot and does both power moves and manipulation. Sephiroth though has more of a plan, is more efficient, doesn't make witty jokes and disregards everyone rather than torment them to prove a point. However it's the cold, slithering, smug, silent, Cloud obsessed AC Sephiroth that is popular, so there's no reason to envy that.

Attached: 1495009566087.jpg (1900x1034, 1.1M)

No one cares about the tranny clown.

playstation was the normalfag console from the very first one.

>Jecht is the villain.
Retard alert.

i wonder if it has something to do with the fact that 7 came out later, has a movie, 400 different spinoffs and an upcoming remake for one of those spinoffs
meanwhile 6 has a few ports, big fucking deal

>Retard alert.
zoomer alert

>Kefka
>Wants to destroy the world
>Why? No reason
*yawn* Worse than "an ancient evil has awoken".

Because sephiroth is hot and in smash bros while Kefka is stuck in a game Zoomers will never touch unless it gets a (higher budget) remake

I think people might remember Edea and Seymour.

Prominent antagonists. Usurping late game villains in spoiler tags.

>God Tier
Kefka, Caius, Sephiroth, Exdeath
>Great Tier
Golbez, Dark Cloud, Garland
>Good Tier
Brandelis, Necron
>Average Tier
Bhunivelze, Zande, Emperor, Zirconiaide, Kuja
>Bad Tier
Vayne, Shuyin, Ardyn, Seymour
>Horrible Tier
Genesis
>Atrocity Tier
Weiss, Ultimecia, Omega Weapon, Zemus, Fuhito, Barthandelus, Orphan, Yu Yevon

Attached: b858c73063158d0854bd9bbc2c15502f.jpg (1200x900, 665.84K)

Exposure, Kefka being the Joker weeb edition doesn't help in making him stand out as a villain.

He reminds me of myself — intelligent, nihilistic and with a wicked sense of humour.

I saw this thread yesterday but didn't click it. There's really not much to talk about.

Sephiroth is fujo bait. He is the prototypical dark edge lord with a trench coat and a sword that many young people aspired to be back in the 90's, and many people desire to look like to this day.

Kefka is just a jester gone insane. He's charismatic and what not, but he doesn't have that cool factor that many people look for in villains.

I remember talking to this girl back in the mid 2000's about video games, and the topic of Final Fantasy came up. Bitch was in love with Cloud, Sephiroth and Squall and claimed to be a HUGE FF nerd. When she asked me who I liked and answered that I liked Kefka, she literally asked me "who?" Turns out, this bitch's experience was limited to having beaten FFVII, and maybe started a file on FFVIII but giving up shortly after.

I feel that if Kefka had been the main antagonist in an FF game sometime in the last 5 years, he would've seen a lot more success, as people would've associated him to the Joker.

yeah okay. how about stop talking out your own ass about things you have no idea of, you stupid faggot cocksucker. it's threads like these why I hate Any Forums.

The only thing you have is common is your skin not having seeing the light of day for the past 6 months

If you already don't know, then I am honestly confused.
FFVII was many people's first Final Fantasy due to PS1. Especially Europe, which didn't have much Nintendo focus as Nintendo focused more on Japan and American region.
On top of that FFVII was first 3D FF, it had fuckton of hype and advertisement. ON TOP OF THAT, PS1 was super popular console(As I said earlier, especially on Europe that before mainly had mainly PC and bit of SEGA).
So
>FFVII is many people's first Final Fantasy
>FFVII is first 3D Final Fantasy
>PS1 was super popular on Europe, making FFVII super popular here
>FFVII had huge adverisement campaign and hype
>FFVII sold more than FFVI
>JRPGs moved to mainstream as well during that time
And
>Sephiroth's design is cool, ridiculously huge Sushi Master-2000 to clash with Cloud's Iron paddle, long silver hair
>Sephiroth was VERY popular with teenagers, be it edgelords, growing weeb audience, and teenage girls, and fujos
>FFVII was so popular that Advent Children happened, Advent Children had sexy Sephiroth too and made fujos and teenage girls go overboard with shipping and weebs thought it is highest art there is
>Square pushes FVII pandering thanks to popularity of the game, so Sephiroth appears everywhere
Kefka is actually fun and cool character, but he can't compete with late 90s/early 2000s weeb rising and edge. He never stood a chance in all honesty and it kinda sucks.

Attached: f5c7828cd10fbb0ccdc37e1dd09cd471.jpg (900x561, 406.3K)

>zoomers know Kefka's iconic laugh more through Sonic.EXE
Bros...

What? I haven't even played Final Fantasy and I know who Kefka is and think he's based.

I have a friend that non-stop talks about Kefka and how he is his favorite villain and how awesome he is.
It's becoming irritating.