The worst Bethesda game

The worst Bethesda game

Attached: oblivion.jpg (498x616, 81.29K)

fallout 4 followed by skyrim

honestly yeah, taking into account the era all the games are from it's definitely the worst one in that context. I'd still rather play it than Arena or something but it's baffling how shit Oblivion is

How is it worse than Skyrim?

the worse mainline TES, but they've made worse games

Attached: 13701580-1447362445.jpg (1920x1080, 241.69K)

‘ate newspapers
‘ate ghouls
simple as

>Not Fallout 76
Are you geniunly retarded?

Oblivion had a great main storyline, comfy as fuck cities and dark brotherhood storyline that mogs all quests in skyrim combined

Attached: 1654522137620.gif (498x474, 1.62M)

>not FO4
>not Skyrim
>not FO76
Obvious retard

>frogposter
>shit opinion
Is it ironic at this point? It's so fucking consistent

Fallout 4

Attached: 1651006544240.png (680x474, 195.26K)

Isd it weird if I know it's a barely functioning broken mess and probably a 6/7 at best, but it's my favorite game?

>froghater
>normie faggot skyrim shill that probably spent 100 hours building his Fallout 4 settlement
Go back

Not at all. It's got a lot of atmosphere and soul, despite some of the jank. It's much more of an elder scrolls game than Skyrim was

Skyrims pros are not as good as oblivions pros but oblivions cons are much worse than skyrims cons

>normie
>froghater
Reddit is calling

>It's much more of an elder scrolls game than Skyrim was
This is purely because they were poorly building off of Morrowind. Morrowind actually expanded the TES formula, Oblivion fucking raped it and Skyrim changed it. I don't consider Oblivion good because it severely half assed what Daggerfall/Morrowind were building towards.

I'm enjoying it rn.
The biggest issue was the faces, which I fixed with character overhaul mod.

The oblivion gates and exploration in general sucks, but I found a way around that by doing "closeobliviongates" in console commands :)
The quests are fun.

>the game is good it's just so shit you have to use the console to complete levels for you
Your standards are fucked. If I felt the need to do shit like this in a game I'd just uninstall the garbage.

oblivion'main story was 90% fetch quests. fucking arena had a more eventful main story than oblivion

I said the oblivion gates aspect is bad.
But I won't disregard a game that's good for everything else because of something I can easily skip.

I had 300 hours in oblivion doing sidequests, main story, oblivion gates, exploring the world

all my hours from skyrim were installing sex mods

skyrims cons are worse because you cant fix shitty official quests with mods

it's not new vegas

Sure, but Oblivion is not good for everything else. The Oblivion gates are really just reflective of the dungeon design overall which emphasizes quantity to a fault. There isn't a single good dungeon in the game. Not a single. Fucking. One. They're all generic and repetitive and due to the scaling even the dungeons with effort put into them feel homogenized. This, along with a billion other issues, really showcases Oblivion is a tragedy of modern game design.

No. You should then try Dark Brotherhood questline.

>Originally Oblivion main quest was about politics, fighting enemies within, entire elder council questline while invasion is tje background
>Foreshadowed back in Morrowind trouble surrounding imperial court and people fearing that emperor's sons are daedric imposters
>Including "nobility" faction where at the end player was supposed to be Duke of Colovia
But Todd of course knew better and just threw it away

Oblivion's biggest problem is that its setting is boring af. Skyrim suffers from a similar problem, but not nearly as badly because being Viking themed isn't nearly as outplayed as the generic medieval European fantasy setting. And because the only real point of playing a Bethesda game is to immerse yourself in the setting (god knows its not because of the terrible combat, shallow rpg system or tacky questlines), that's why Oblivion is the worst of the modern TES titles.

pleb