FFXIV Rising 2022

>Have yearly anniversary event that can be done at lvl 15 so you can do it if you are just starting
>Quest Reward is a minion that is a spoiler for later expacs
What the fuck are they smoking?

Attached: WRVrqFIFvDmYcOKv8R6Aueqt8Q.jpg (1920x1080, 425.36K)

How is the minion a spoiler? What would his looks spoil about him? I don't get this.

Minions have descriptions that you can read

Okay and? No new player reads pet descriptions.
This is a non issue.

ff14 is the most boring mmo ive ever played
everything is so fucking streamlined to shit
its almost like chewing a prechewed gum

thanks for reading my blog

>Get minion that has smart name as Garlean emperor
>Ah, so that's what he looks like
>Hours later see cutscene in ARR that shows off emperor
>Wtf, he looks nothing like that!?
>Get to end of SB and find out emperor was an Ascian the entire the and the minion you got during that event looks exactly like him

What are you smoking? By the time we meet him/see how he looks like we know all this. There is literally nothing to spoil.

That seems incredibly minor as far as spoilers go.

>oh no now I know a character exists

kek, youre a total retard

How is this a spoiler?

Attached: Screenshot 2022-08-19 210108.png (905x508, 603.27K)

>Character doesn't get properly introduced until late SB
>Description will likely have story spoilers in it

ok schizo

Not the first time, I got this one when I was still in ARR.
Still, the spoilers aren't that bad, you are just going to say "who?" and move on.

Attached: 1639082984397.png (394x336, 129.68K)

Does that really count as a spoiler? A new player will guaranteed won't understand a single word or the implications. This will only make sense, or will think it's a spoiler if you already know what happens, but not before.

The same could apply with Solus minion, it depends what the description willl have

They really should just change the description based on MSQ progress but who knows how hard something like that is to implement with all that spaghetti code.

Exactly. In conclusion: OP is a massive retard.

>Clockwork Solus
>Description: Solus zos Galvus was the founder and first Emperor of the Garlean Empire
>"Oh ok so it's the founder of the bad guys, cool"

I swear they did this with a minion already, where people who haven't progressed past the reveal will see a completely different name/appearance

They'll probably just mention in the description that the minion was based off the Emperor when he was younger, which doesn't spoil as much.

People on this board were telling me it was literally impossible for the devs to add the summer jumping puzzle back after they added flying to old zones, because there was no way to disable flying at certain locations, despite that being in the game.

So yes, the devs could do it. It just depends if they decide to get off their ass and do it or not. The "sphagetti code" is so obviously used a convenient excuse for the devs to not do anything, I'm tired that people are still buying that nonsense crap.

midgardsormr, iirc

exactly, if there no context people will read it and move on, most likely forget about it, Ardbert will appear in HW and people who may still remember will go "wtf, i thought he saved so and so," then it gets explained and they go "ahhh" then forget about him till ShB since they will get burned out in SB cause SB msq is dogshit

>a single fucking minion
I swear these event rewards are getting shittier every time, most of them are not even worth the shitty quest anymore.

Can't wait for the new "please unsubsribe from my game" edit

And then you have players riding the doggo of light while wearing the Ancient robe everywhere.

based speedreader-kun

Attached: 1655417657581s.jpg (124x125, 2.06K)

That shit is annoying as fuck, people saying "they read it and move on" have goldfish memory and not everyone does. Many people will remember that shit the instant the actual character pops up

He isn't even called Wind-Up Emet-Selch. He's called Clockwork Solus for a reason. This is the same schizo shit about the Elpis robe being a fucking spoiler, get real.

Unless you use it all the time or you got it in SB, people won't remember this guy's minion, stop being retarded.