Hacker jailbreaks control unit that stops farmers repairing their tractors, then runs Doom on it

>"John Deere has repeatedly told regulators that farmers can't be trusted to repair their own equipment," writes Wiens.
>"This foundational work will pave the path for farmers to retake control of the equipment that they own."
>The jailbreak developed by Sickcodes is not remote, but requires physical access to the equipment.
Regardless of hacks, however, John Deere is also facing serious government and regulatory pressure.
>The European Union announced earlier this year it was establishing a right to repair principle, while some US states have already passed their own right-to-repair laws: the pressure resulted in the company announcing this March that it would widen access to repair tools.
>So: this hack runs Doom, and also has potentially enormous consequences for agribusiness: or, at the very least, for farmers who've had enough of John Deere's practices.
>Among Sickcodes' many findings were that the control system was sending huge amounts of data back to John Deeere (once he had admin access, the unit tried to send 1.5GB of data), various security backdoors including one enabled through placing an empty text file on the drive, and John Deere's apparent reliance on open source software that may not be being used appropriately under its licensing terms.
>Sickcodes says he's working on an easier method for executing the hack, as his demonstration was pretty involved, in order that more farmers can make practical use of this thing. I've dropped him a line with some follow-ups, and will update with any response.

archive.ph FxsIo
Is there a single platform left that hasn't run DooM?

Attached: Sick.Codes Twitter.png (598x617, 390.3K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/1XXXmjpxQyI
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>Is there a single platform left that hasn't run DooM?
Your mom

based classic doomchads dabbing on DRM jews

Attached: 1656133670962.webm (285x480, 391.49K)

I can fix that

Attached: carmack.png (580x388, 313.06K)

I saw someone run it on a pregnancy test
okay, it was rendered on a pregnancy test display, the pregnancy test was not powerful enough to run it.

I don't know why anyone still buys John Deere tractors anymore

I'm surprise they manage to find someone to crack it

Someone should run Doom on a treadmill.

this. it's like being mad they don't make your favorite gacha for Blackberry

>retard thinks that is impressive

youtu.be/1XXXmjpxQyI

Based.

Prestige and reliability. John Deere is the Apple Computer of the farming world.

That's been done

Someone should make Doom fans run on treadmills!

DOHOHOHOHOHOHOHO!

Attached: TMS-Statler&Waldorf-BalconyBox.jpg (1199x795, 275.69K)

lol, get them on a circular treadmill

NOOOOOOOOOO!!! THINK ABOUT BILL GATES PLEASE STOP MODIFYING EQUIPMENT YOU OWN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Attached: crying frustrated wojak.png (882x758, 16.34K)

Ummm.... this is illegal...

YOU DONT OWN IT YOURE JUST BUYING THE LICENSE FROM ME AND IT COMES WITH A PHYSICAL PRODUCT WE CAN BRICK WHENEVER WE WANT

>reliability

Attached: 1449417641835.jpg (534x622, 87.16K)

Attached: so gross I had to smile nagatoro.jpg (1194x460, 188.85K)

Attached: R (50).jpg (1024x962, 66.77K)

Why this thread is still up? Hacking is illegal.

based gentoo farmer

I've already @Nintendo the thread you're all going to jail :)

I don't think it's possible to ping anyone on Any Forums, retard.

that is not skyrim retard

kek

you are a worthless retard

Why do farmcunts still use JD equipment? do they have the best stuff or are therte no other competitiors? absolute trash company

What a scummy practice. A lot of Apple products are "oh you can repair it yourself" but then require you to buy expensive, proprietary apple tools to access and remove pieces from their equipment or even hide the parts you need to access in the most asinine places on their laptops

Pretty sure it's just name recognition that keeps them alive at this point

based

John Deere sellers and repair places are more common everywhere than other places.

Fuck new John Deere though. Farmers in my county still use Allis Chalmers that barely need anything other than tires and fresh gas.

Nice.

Attached: 1651690148420.png (1366x768, 812.66K)

for once I'm actually glad about government intervention. maybe liberalism isn't that good

Did you know for most printers it is cheaper to just buy a completely new printer rather than replace the cheaply made plastic innards once it breaks? What a green future lol,

Interventionism is not bad.
The problem is contemporary states are retarded.

Attached: Tractor.gif (480x368, 1.69M)

I'm happy that communism is winning.

it used to be fucking reliable and easy to repair in case it ever got broken. we have a 50+ year old JD tractor still running as good as ever, granted we had to improvise a few parts on it but it works