I like Hades and Risk of Rain 2, what other roguelikes should I check out?

I like Hades and Risk of Rain 2, what other roguelikes should I check out?

Attached: 2560x1440-2560x1440-5e710b93049cbd2125cf0261dcfbf943.jpg (2560x1440, 995.54K)

try some good ones for a change

Like what?

i really like curse of the dead gods

You really picked 2 of the least representative examples of the genre huh.

>I like Hades
next step for you is HRT. If you're already doing it then nothing left but to kys

RoR 1 is far better than 2 so I would recommend that

This one is less well-known but it's my favourite, and I've tried most of them. The mechanics are perfect. It's extremely challenging and replayable, but also good for casual runs. The graphics aren't gonna make you shit your pants, and the story is minimal, neither of which I care about personally.

Attached: 1633133872655.png (944x488, 587.08K)

>roguelikes
I guess you should actual play Rogue so you can see how much they're really like it.

Dead cells is great.

Highly recommend both Faster Than Light and Nowhere Prophet. FTL is the peak of the genre imo just an incredible experience especially if you love sci fi. Nowhere Prophet is massively underrated. Post apocalyptic setting however the combat is essentially a card game with each card representing one of your followers. If the card is destroyed twice they die
Will also 2nd Curse of the Dead Gods. Sunk a fair few hours into it and loved trying out different weapon combinations. Very shallow story wise by comparison to FTL and Nowhere Prophet however

Attached: images-45.jpg (616x353, 33.41K)

>ROGUELIKEMETROIDVANIASOULSBORNE!

Attached: 1646526187690.png (309x368, 148.49K)

Nuclear Throne of course.

Give me the final truthpill on Isaac

poopoo yucky
i wont play it

Attached: 1654222058654.jpg (559x548, 22.94K)

NOT
ROGUELIKES

do you soifaggots even enjoy anything

Roguelike games really dont belong in the gutter with Souls shit and metroidvanias. The genre is massively varied in terms of actual gameplay plus some have actual depth in their stories. Souls games and metroidvanias are generally extremely similar from one to the next+the fandoms are filled with soibois and speedrunner trannies

>OP mentions action games

>You fucking recommend FTL

im not sure if u understand what is going on here

Why is every other indie game a roguelike/lite? There's a handful of games that I skipped playing just because I got tired of them all having it.

For me

1. FTL
2. Hades
3. Nowhere Prophet
4. Prey: Mooncrash
5. Curse of the Dead Gods

Slay the Spire gets an honorable mention but it's extremely shallow and the encounters needed way more variety

Heroes of hammerwatch, binding of Isaac, nuclear throne, children of morta

They asked for Roguelike recommendations not action game recommendations. Youre a fucking retard with dogshit reading comprehension

Attached: 1607087516047.jpg (593x517, 21.13K)

No one fucking cares frogfaggot

Attached: 1656417482803.png (680x697, 289.69K)

Because basing your game around randomness injects longevity into what otherwise would probably be considered too short of a game for the 20-30$ asking price of most indie titles.

>implying ftl isn't actionest of them all
>implying it doesn't have permadeath, unlocks that carry over between runs and randomly generated encounter map

Inscryption

It seems you are the one who lacks reading comprehension, OP mentioned ACTION roguelikes not turnbased/strategy roguelikes

If you are going to make a recommendation you should atleast consider that you MONGOL

The question in OP says word for word "what other roguelikes should I check out?"

You're extremely low IQ. user liked two roguelikes that just happened to be more action/combat focused. It doesn't mean their favorite part of those games was the action/combat. They might have enjoyed the art direction, world building or some other aspect of Hades and RoR2. I know the combat wasn't nearly what made Hades so great for me personally

Hades and RoR 2 are not roguelikes.

OP here, I didn't mean to cause any autism. I'm fine with turn based, I just really don't like card based games. But action or turn based is fine

>roguelike
>roguelite

yes yes we all know. will you autists shut the fuck up already.