There will never be another game like Neverwinter Nights

There will never be another game like Neverwinter Nights.
And this proves that video game industry is dead.

Attached: ss_37c356ad4983a11505fceaba95bd31360ffaa635.1920x1080.jpg (1920x1080, 632.89K)

That's a good thing.

It was neat being able to swap spells every level as a sorcerer. And being able to move between models with your characters and levels.

you can literally make another game like neverwinter nights whenever you want using the tools provided in NW2 to make your own fully tailored campaign

Pathfinder: Kingmaker is close enough

I liked kingmaker and could call it ideological successor to Neverwinter, BUT I don't think we'll ever see such mods and multiplayer.

>NWN was released 2 decades ago
What happened to the industry?

It has some interesting mods but yeah i don't think multiplayer will ever happen, i think online play in RPGs got killed by MMORPG and at best you will get co-op RPGs like Divinity.

sadly this was the last good bioware game and it wasn't even that good as far as D&D games go

BG3? At least Larian are trying.

Faggots, niggers, consoles, trannies and big money.
Well, mostly big money.
There's no point in making big games where players can create content and have unlimited fun.
BG3 has nothing to do with classic rpg. It's just dos3.
Dos combat was fun in first game, got boring in second and already pissed off in third one.
I rather trust owlcat who stick to tradition and have at least somewhat stable release schedules.

i don't like this game, funny that dragon age origins is my favorite WRPG on the other hand

>I rather trust owlcat who stick to tradition
I loved Kingmaker, but Wrath was a step backwards.

Never played the game but screenshots looks comfy. As a person who only played Gothic and online MMO like WoW, should I give Neverwinter Nights a try?

NWN single player was dogshit.
NWN multiplayer was one of god's gift to RPGs and if you missed out on it you literally will never know that feel.

Maybe but first i'd reccomend having a general understanding of how D&D functions

It's the aurora toolset
We need another d&d toolset game holy shit I'm starving

I liked all qol changes, new content and that game actually worked but yeah, wotr isn't as impressive for some reason.

i never played it cause everyone tells me its glorified game editor with garbage default campaign

Baldur's Gate 3 has nothing to do with 90's RPGs except for the name.

NWN modules/modding >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> rest

Solastra is trying but unfortunately the devs are a bit too incompetent.

That's because Dragon Age should have been the spiritual successor to NWN/BG etc but then EA happened.

>wotr isn't as impressive for some reason.
It's missing that "Adventure" feel.

>consoles
The majority of the greatest games of all time as well as 99% of the Japanese videogame industry are console games. It's pc that's lacking

>Wotr
Generic high lvl campaign power fantasy + horrendous writing

I don't think you're in the right thread to suck off consoles.
Western rpg's have descended into such crap precisely because of oversimplification for consoles.