Why there are no battlefield like games made in unreal engine yet

why there are no battlefield like games made in unreal engine yet,

Attached: _UX1000_.jpg (1000x1500, 202.05K)

i think there is but either way
unreal sucks lol

because epic dropped assault and proper onslaught after ut2004

kys, unreal is shit, having an inhouse engine is why battlefield is (was) the only FPS with decent amount of destruction

Rising Storm 2 exists and it's probably the best current Battlefield type game out there. It's a shame those fuck at Antimatter put '83 on hold to work on some shitty remake of a game nobody played.

unreal is already mature than any other custom/ in house game engine
also unreal engine supports multiplayer friendly destruction, look at fortnite
its just has to be make it pretty like bf

Battlebit, but it's basic textures and more milsim like.

I have like 400 hours in RS2 and I can confidently say RS1 / R01 was better. Insurgency sandstorm is better looking currently with smoother gameplay.

Wtf are the factions in ‘83 supposed to be? Reagan and yuppie boomers vs hippie gen X?

RS and squad exists with most of the features as battlefield, but the issue is its too hardcore and not as casual as bf

Squad is trash. A 5.56 rifle recoils like a 50 cal and you have the stamina of an obese smoker. Battlefield is more realistic and fun

Name one good engine in 2022 that isn't the unreal engine.

The answer is there is no good engine in 2022. Graphics have tanked in the last three years. Unreal 5's reveal was so underwhelming that it had to be used as consolewar material. All the talent is gone in favor of diversity.

>RS1 / R01 was better
Sure but those games are pretty dead. The custom map server in RS2 is still a lot of fun.
Sandstorm sucks ass. It plays more like a shitty low budget CoD clone than as a tacticool shooter, the 1st game was lightyears better. I still don't understand how they fucked up this bad.
>Wtf are the factions in ‘83 supposed to be?
I'm guessing Bin Laden's Mujahideen (before they became the Taliban) fighting alongside amerimutts vs Soviets. Would also like to see some conflicts in Czechoslovakia and Bosnia.

gamebyro

>Squad
Yea you spend 98% of that game walking around, camping or building shit which takes ages for no reason. Fuck that shit. If you wanna LARP and be tactical you're better off playing HLL.

none of the fuckers that get those shitty game dev degrees learn even a bit of physics to get destruction working properly

bf destruction is not physics based, its just remove part of building on impact and add some smokes and animation to look like its falling

It truly is a lack of physics implementation. Old games are chock full of physics.
>spider man 2 web slinging
>Sands of Time parkour
>FEAR destruction and object interaction
It's why games feel so shitty to play these days. Everything feels floaty because nothing feels like it has any weight to it. The combat and free running in Jedi FO felt like crap. The web swinging in the new spiderman feels like ass too.
The sole reason BotW was praised so highly (despite the world being kind of empty) is because it had a decent physics engine.

none of these tacticool games really do it for me. I want them to be more realistic, authentic and less scifi

Jedi F0 wasn’t that bad. But a good example is RDR 1 / GTA 4 vs GTA 5. Or even dying light 1 vs dying light 2

>Jedi F0 wasn’t that bad
Yes it was.
HLL might be your best bet.

Whatever better than elden ring

based
its literaly trash and you coping
the hitboxes dont make any sense let alone the dogshit freeruning

Weird comparison but yea ER was trash too.