Exactly when did this series get bad?

Exactly when did this series get bad?

Attached: All-Assassins-Creed-Games-in-Chronological-Order.jpg (800x450, 59.05K)

I thought it was overhyped from the beginning and stopped giving a fuck about AC after 2

The series should have stayed serious like in 1 which had excellent dialogue. 2 was certainly a unique experience for the time so it's hard to fault it for trailing from the seriousness. 3 onwards was the same old formula with nothing new to add and without any of the grit from 1.

After Brotherhood.

After 2, but Black Flag was still decent i guess.

I could only finish it this week, I got reminded exactly why I dropped it long time ago. The story was OK, but the ending was abrupt and felt a bit stupid too. Also, the upgrade system, money, weapons, homesteads, side missions...they all are completely pointless and and absolute waste of time. I just did the main story missions one after another, completely ignoring these and I had 0 trouble finishing the game. I feel bad for all the people doing any of the side content.

I skipped straight to Valhalla after this, and I'm surprised how much I enjoy it. I have only played it for like 10 hours, no sign of anything outside of the animus, only viking fun. I might actually finish it.

Depends, which was the first one?

3 killed the story
Syndicate killed the lore
Origins make it cool again
Then Odessey ruined the gameplay and mood completely.

Origins. Will never recover, just let it end.

3. I dropped it out of sheer boredom when it came out.
IV was good but dragged on a bit much in a lot of places - Rogue hit the sweet spot IV should have.

The actual answer is two, which went for being a shitty open world collectathon instead of fixing one's actual issues.

they are all good in their own way vahalla is by far the worst of them all though, or perhaps tied with syndicate. Liberation shouldnt count as a game its just dlc really. Syndicate had the weakest gameplay but a the best female protagonist. Her brother was annoying though. unity was great after it got fixed. odyssey and origins are tied for being some of the top games with brotherhood and black flag.

Attached: 1588650340880.jpg (2518x1024, 1.71M)

>shitty open world collectathon
the first game had this too

Asscreed has been bad since Brotherhood. Black Flag was a pretty good pirate game because there was basically no real representation of the setting. And no I don't consider Sea of Thieves of the new ubishit Diversityflag to be good pirate games.

3 is garbage as soon as you stop playing as Haytham, but the series as a whole didn't get bad until Unity. After that, the games got really bad

Everything through Brotherhood was great. Revelations was disappointing. 3 was trash. 4 was fun pirate kino. Origins and Odyssey are fun if you just like brainless exploration. Everything else sucks.

Unironically Valhalla

I'm playing Valhalla right now and I can't get over how fucking DOUR it is after the fun of Origins/Odyssey

Kassandra is my waifu

Attached: file.png (1920x1080, 1.55M)

Was it ever good?
>stab someone
>run away
>jump in a haystack

The combat was pretty fun at the time, and I genuinely enjoyed the story until 3 shit the bed really hard.

3 though Black Flag was good.

I wanted like Odyssey but's so fucking bloated.

The real downfall started after 4. Every single game after that is worse than the one before.

>ending was abrupt and felt a bit stupid too
I think this is the norm for most ubisoft games.

The end of 1 with the stupid apple and alien bullshit.

All I remember from 3 is that every single mission the assassins were in the wrong and connor or whatever his name is a big fucking retard