Are JRPGs losing their touch again?

Are JRPGs losing their touch again?

Attached: Untitled.png (1232x640, 875.42K)

No, they've been consistently garbage since their inception.

People prefer american games

Attached: 1660162644139133m.jpg (1024x646, 135.6K)

"It's SMT without the heart"
Lmao

considering XB3 came out and is widely loved, widely praised, has extremely good word of mouth and great reviews, the answer is no I think.

yes you seething weebtard, western rpgs are better now kys

>that one user who gets visibly upset when you say Soul Lackers 2 sucks

Attached: 1362518665276.gif (278x340, 82.21K)

>that asian thing in the upper middle

Attached: file.png (746x566, 445.92K)

XB3 is a western RPG made in Japan

I'd hatefuck the shit out of bottom right

>WE WUZ

>XB3 came out and is widely loved, widely praised, has extremely good word of mouth
Delusional Xenotranny.

This was apparent since the first trailer lol

They're going a little too gacha tbqh. Shit like FE Three Houses was a big letdown for me despite the eye candy. Hopefully we get more JRPGs similar to Resonance of Fate and DQXI again soon

Attached: OIP (4).jpg (453x465, 42.37K)

It literally looks like a water-downed SMT game with super anime visuals

I mean...it is? It's like they took a generic anime JRPG and gave it SMT's combat system/demons, but it's Atlus so that makes sense. It's not very creative.

>saying this when XC3 just released and got better reviews than the sony exclusive that has a bearded woman as its MC and is full of tranny pandering
lol
lmao

Attached: 1659639130687636.png (657x782, 147.17K)

>Are JRPGs losing their touch again?
>again
user, they never had any

Attached: 1611955055922.jpg (1255x1054, 95.57K)

Persona 5 is too good

Let me guess. The game doesn't have any gays or trans people in it. If not have comical relief character that's gay or trans.
There is also the patented "Atlus didn't pay them" for these site.

IGN is not the arbiter of good games

JRPGS have always been boring faggotry

Actually if this isn't your first day on Any Forums you would have seen the countless threads bitching about how terrible and woke the localization was. So it's actually a surprise IGN didn't give it a higher score, and that ultimately means the game itself is just that dull.

Xenoblade 3 was great.

It was always a dogshit genre because rice niggers completely missed the points of RPGs.

Or. Bare with me here. This is the first thread I personally decided to look at about the game.
Been pretty much nothing but this Spider-Man flag faggotry and Bridget shit for a week.

Agreed. Never played through Royal but OG Persona 5 was an incredible game. Still that came out more than 5 years ago and we haven't had many memorable JRPGs since

Jarpigs are bad because operating menus on a gamepad is like pulling teeth.

Do these games have demon summoning and fusion? Never played a Soul Hackers game

The only touch JRPG's had was on minors. Fucking pedo genre.

>game about playing a role
>only JRPG's put you in a role
>warpigs don't have a role, just slot you into generic shit and you can be anything
Not surprised a dumb fuck you like missed the entire point of an RPG.

>pedo genre

Play better JRPGs. Stuff like Final Fantasy X, Breath of the Wild, Resonance of Fate, Dragon Quest XI and Lost Odyssey are the peak of the genre. Shit like Xenoblade and Fire Emblem are not the norm whatsoever. They're made by disgusting perverts who live out their fetishes through their abominable creations

I'm not sure how you recruit or acquire new demons, unless it's like traditional SMT games where you have to talk with them/convince them to join you. As for fusion/summoning, I'm not sure either, if it's like an SMT game it should have a summoning/fusion system.

But SMT has no heart. It's the most souless, meaningless dungeon crawling no story 0 atmosphere bullshit ever. All of the SMT spinoffs are where the actual heart is, because it took the lifeless shit that SMT is and added an actual story and characters.