Are there franchises that only work in 3d?

Are there franchises that only work in 3d?
what is so different about Castlevania or Megaman that they cant work in 3d?

it seems to me franchises that had bad first outings on 5th gen consoles were doomed to forever be stuck in 2d
if Castlevania 5 on N64 was good, I imagine the series would be getting regular entires in 3d to this day

Attached: 1643134207820.jpg (356x268, 94.81K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/-0KP5Fvy44c
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>mm and castlevania cant work in 3d
wut

Castlevania could have worked as a 6th gen DMC style action game, or maybe something like Kingdom Hearts
Obviously that wasn't possible 5th gen and by the time it was an option you were better off making a new IP for it anyway, since it would be a major departure from the 2d entries

>you were better off making a new IP for it anyway, since it would be a major departure from the 2d entries
so was Super Mario 64
but since it was good it changed the perspective on Mario. it became more than just 2d
but Castlevania never got that killer 3d game

Dark Souls control scheme + platforming = 3D Castlevania

>but Castlevania never got that killer 3d game
Uh............. Lords of Shadow?? Hello?

What ?
youtu.be/-0KP5Fvy44c

Attached: 1651400878956.jpg (2316x3395, 3.7M)

Castlevania can't work in 3D and westerners can't make decent action games
Westerners can't make decent action games

>Are there franchises that only work in 3d?
Sonic
Classicucks need not reply

Attached: 1630728923076.png (480x450, 355.57K)

15 years too late

Sonic only works in 3D because you can actually see what's coming up ahead of you

I'd be interested in a Castlevania game that really leans into the Gore and slaying aspect like Doom (2016) by letting you dismember monsters in ludicrous ways.

And the 2D games are somehow still better than the 3D ones, its like 2D>3D even when it shouldn't be that way

>muh edgyness

This is your brain on westerncuckism

Attached: Bomberman-Act-Zero-NA.jpg (800x1131, 121.42K)

Stop being trash at baby games.

I'm too busy enjoying Sonic Adventure 2 AKA an actually mature game to be concerned with your shitty baby games.

Attached: 1653087818661.jpg (249x232, 7.18K)

dangerously based

cv "can" work in 3d but not nearly as well as it does in 2d.. it mostly boils down to hand drawn key-frames and great art direction (which are a lor harder to keep in focus in 3d)

Attached: CNMV25.png (638x364, 383.44K)

call of dooty

I've got a soft spot for the PS2 games but I wouldn't say they're great adaptations of the series formula into 3D. There's not much platforming so the level design's mostly composed of hallways.

I... generally liked the 3d Castlevanias.
The N64 Castlevanias were the ones that more closely resembled the 2d games, and they were decent games, even if they needed some polishing. The fact that Nintendo didn't give the best development kits to other companies except for Rare was also a factor, though.

>it mostly boils down to hand drawn key-frames and great art direction
lmao that is absolute bullshit. this is your brain on SotN grafix whoring.

Legends was good
But I think I know what you mean, but just think of how many gamers be crying about the difficulty of having dozens and dozens of things coming at you from every angle and having to time and dodge everything while only being able to squeeze off a couple shots or whip hits
Gotta slow things down and give objectives besides get to the end of the stage in a 3d space
I think. iunno. but 2d and 3d are different places and spaces

Megaman can work in 3D, just look at legends.

In Castlevania's case, it was because they never really tried to make an actual Castlevania game in 3D beyond 64. Every other one was just a derivative ripoff of whatever had been popular a couple years prior to its release. I'm not sure how what they were thinking with Judgement, but that goes for practically everything Konami did around that time.

It died for a very good reason, twice.