How come Korea is becoming so much more culturally dominant in the world than Japan...

How come Korea is becoming so much more culturally dominant in the world than Japan? Every asiaboo I know loves Korean culture, food, fashion, m.usic and movies while only fat weebs and other social rejects have the same open love for Japanese culture. Everybody talks about when they're going to go to Korea now, despite the constant threats of war. Korea just seems so much cooler than Japan.

Is there a reasonable explanation for this?

Attached: 1280px-Flag_of_South_Korea.svg (1).png (1280x853, 38.76K)

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Action_Taimanin
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Attached: 139985555511.jpg (240x240, 44.95K)

K-Poop

name at least one decent korean game

korea is a psyop by the cia

i will always see korea as a great value japan
even if them or any other asian country surpass them in some aspect, they are still going to be the alternative to japan
maybe their history and contributions puts them on another league, to me korea i just shitty music and plastic surgery

video games?

squiad game

>great value japan
This is unfair. There are decent budget clone products out there that compete with the originals. Nothing made in Korea even comes close to budget products.

Korea is a fake Japan. The products are made poorly and cheaply on purpose to convince retards who have no understanding of the originals that this is somehow a worthwhile experience.

Japan > Singapore > Korea > Hong Kong

Attached: 1660668197748302.png (702x1024, 1.23M)

That's not Korea, that's America's puppet state.

Why is there no jpop thread on this website? Why did weebs forsake jpop?

spbp

name at least one decent japanese game

Korea has more western influence and is more culturally open to westerners

Also kpop

Mongolia>massive power gap>all the other asians

Japan doesn't spend millions advertising its music to western zoomers, it's all domestic market.

Because most young people read Korean webcomics as the ones you find on webtoon.

PangYa Fantasy Golf

Attached: KOOH.jpg (605x900, 204.03K)

>Every asiaboo I know loves Korean culture, food, fashion, m.usic, and movies
Stop talking to zoomers.

samsung. im not even joking

also tons of japanese expertise went to korea in the 2000s to escape the corporate culture.

Lost ark
Maple story
Ragnarok

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Action_Taimanin
I kneel

Mega Man X.

Lineage you fucker

HK is China though

How do you even get into Korea? There's like 8 movies and a couple games that aren't mobage or dead mmos.
Their modern pop culture seems like such a small window.
Meanwhile I have more backlogged anime and jrpgs than I can get through.

>How do you even get into Korea?
You already explained it. They have no culture, so you can become an expert on it in about an hour by watching a summary of squid game and listening to a few BTS songs.

Korea actively tries to export their culture and has basically planted itself as a tv/film giant through a number of very popular works in recent years while Japan hasn't

Outside of Seoul and to some extent Busan, Korea is a shithole. Hell, even parts of Seoul and a good chunk of Busan are borderline third world. I imagine all the Western k-pop tards visiting Korea have that same feeling that Japs do when visiting Paris. There's got to be a word for it

just go to

Long time since I've seen this pasta.

>Korea is a shithole
You have to remember that your modern zoomer lives in a globohomo hellhole, so a shithole that's just dirty and filled with ugly people is still a significant step up. You'll step in human shit about 5 times a day on average in LA or Paris, you'll only do it once or twice in Korea.

Yeah I went to SK for the winter olympics and stayed in Gangneung, its not a shithole but its countryside and small towns are in major decay just like every declining western nation.

Isn't that pretty much the same everywhere?
It's only natural that the major tourist spots are the most developed.
Every country in the world has its share of backwater shitholes that you'd never really visit populated by an aging group from when it used to have an important industry near it, meanwhile all their kids have moved off to cities or something for school or work
>t. Lives in a town near a shut down mine

America has way more control over s korea.
Did you know for example that in s korea they circumcise boys?

Putting korean media in the spotlight is just a way to make more shekels

Miyeon

There's actually an absurd amount of movies and tv dramas. A lot of them share similar themes that are especially overplayed in the west where similar cultural changes happened ages ago, but there are some good arthouse directors like kim ki-duk still