How do you usually choose your stats in games?

How do you usually choose your stats in games?

Depending on the game, I usually go for high luck and then non-combat stats like charisma and speed.

Attached: OblivionXP mod.jpg (929x920, 233.67K)

Stack bbc slut

Thats not how the game works you have some cheat mod.

Luck is a stat I like to boost if a game makes it effect more than just crit chance.
Also being able to max out one skill per level is broken.
Use the mod that has your attributes increase with your skills.

glass cannon

>one of the greatest strengths of TES is that you passively level while doing things, improving in areas relevant to your actual activities
>mod this out completely
oblivionfags are a cancer

Oblivion leveling is cancer because of level scaling. You either min max training skills you don't want to use so you can get proper level ups. Or you play normally and become more and more underpowered as the game progresses.

Oblivion's leveling in particular is absolute ass cancer
if you don't min max your build you WILL be out stated by every shmuck on the street

If you actually had played Oblivion you'd know it had one of the worst leveling systems in any game.

>go on google
>type "[Game] best build"
>click the first link to reddit
>do whatever the post with the most updooties tells me to do
you all do the same too

I beat this game when I was a kid with no guide or anything np lmao

I just look up some meta builds online and pick one that seems fun. I would experiment on my own but it takes so god damn long and there's a good chance I'll get sick of the game by the time I've found something cool.

The game isn't difficult. It's just you can't just do whatever you want with everything else leading you to believe that you can. Morrowind has the same leveling system but level scaling was just used to show time progression. So even if your build was pants-on-head retarded you would eventually become strong enough to take on the tougher enemies.

What is the wost possible build you could make in Oblivion to fuck yourself over?

God, this kind of UI makes me want to play Oblivion completely decked out with mods that turn it into a dungeon crawling hack'n'slay rpg.

Plus Morrowind had more trainers and didn't limit your use of them.

How that's even this? Leveling system in TES and Oblivion include is good.
Level scaling is another mechanic, which is full retarded, but it has nothing to do with leveling overall.

The leveling system has problems that really only become apparent when you pair it with the level scaling the way they've done in Oblivion and Skyrim.
On its own, yeah, it's not inherently bad.

Found the Skooma drug addict place in Skyrim, but I don't want to turn my PC into a druggie. I used the Alternate Stat mod to start as a Thieves Guild new member. It also says I could level up to 2, but where do I sleep to level up? In the wild it seems out of the question and I don't own a bed.

>Skyrim
Skyrim has some different shit.
It really confusing, when you enter dungeon, kill everyone in two hits and in the end, dungeon boss just takes zero damage while one-shotting you.

>hover over the image
>at a quick glance read "Mysticism" as "Racism"
I guess it would be a fairly appropriate stat for TES.

This is why I always use exploits. If you're going to arbitrarily make it hard to have fun, I'll just completely break your game and make it fun.

>Level scaling is another mechanic
I disagree. They're so intertwined that they are part of the same mechanic governing your character and game progression. But even if there was no level scaling, the leveling system was so counter intuitive that any player would almost always fall behind in power, at least on their first play through. And if the game said "this area is recommended for level 20 characters", that player would probably get stomped attempting it at level 20, and need to be 25 or 30 before they can actually do it.

>I disagree. They're so intertwined that they are part of the same mechanic governing your character and game progression.
Level scaling by definition has no game progression. It's the illusion of choice and takes away agency by ultimatively being a meaningless choice.