Sid Meier's Civilization

How do I get into this and which one should I play

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 141.51K)

you don’t

Civilization 2 and 4
Dont be the Civ 5 first tard
6 is not the same series and is only polluting the namesake

whats so weird about 5
whats so bad about 6

Hexes as a base do not suit Civilization. the game is casualized and dumbed down and for brainlets that cannot play a true game of Civilization.
No unit of spearman cannot just magically rturn into a boat or pull transport boats out of its ass. No 4 town country will never be stronger than a 400 town empire.
Deathstack is how empires fought each other and wars were more battle of logistics and attrition and where never about using 4 archers and "kiting" enemy units trough centuries.
city cannot defend itself by magically shooting untis several squares away.
Happiness and corruption and pollution are integral part of real civilization games.
I can go on.

6 is a cancerous faggotry mobile tier cashgrab cashing in on the namesake while shitting on it at the same time not worth discussion.

Ignore the angry 4fag, start with 5 or 6 as they're both the most accessible

Kill yourself faggot

Hijacking this thread to ask: What version/mod of Civ 4 should I use? Havent played the game in years

Attached: 1645724507544.jpg (752x720, 71.17K)

Caveman2Cosmos is the most in depth, FFH2(Magisters Modmod) is the the funnest but is basically a different game, and for the vanilla plus experience just use the UI (BAT/BUG) and graphics mods.

Complete edition with both expansions.
later check out some of the full conversion mods.

game also gets incredibly slow in the late game
and the ai just cant handle hexes

6 is literally the best from previous games cranked to 11 and by far the most complex
Civ 5 is an abortion of unspeakable proportions
But you need the DLCs for 6, otherwise play 4

Don't bother. 4X games are garbage.

Sometimes I forget how crippling retarded autistic people can be.

Just fuck around and you'll get the hang of it

Attached: 289070_screenshots_20180509114431_1.jpg (1904x1001, 891.61K)

There is a point in every Civ6 game where the AI just stops playing.

shut the fuck up you faggot Civ 5 is the best one.

>FFH2
based
also to OP question: Civ 4 is the last good one but looking decent to this day, so yeah

Don't bother playing online, just enjoy the single player. The game wasn't balanced for online play.

The best way to learn something new is to finish as many games in as short of a time as possible. I recommend Civilization Revolution. It's weirdly a nod to Civ 1 with Civ IVish aesthetic and tech. Sid actually worked in this one too.

Attached: 1660738594784.jpg (480x270, 42.21K)

Fuck off, 5 was such a fucking disaster the director got fucking fired. Imagine being so incompetant even the higher ups who never played a video game are like "what the fuck bro". Every single thing that's even remotely good was added in the expansions by the new director, Ed Beach, who did such a good job they let him direct 6. That's why 6 does everything 5 does but better, religion, city states, great people, combat both land and sea, everything
At release civ5 didn't even have religion. I'll repeat, no religion. And even after religion was added in gods and kings, there was religious victory

Do not start with 6, it's awful.
The AI is the best in 4 because it gets to spam stacks of doom but the game is also more complex and the UI and game are both very bad at guiding you if you're new.
I'd recommend Civ 5 with all the DLC. You can then either move on to Civilization 4 after getting the hang of Civ in general or install Vox Populi for Civ 5, it's a community modpack made to fix the shortcomings of the normal game and add sorely missed things from previous games, especially Civ 4.
Again, please don't start with 6. It's a terrible Civ game and an even worse first Civ game.

Oh please, 6 easily surpasses 5