Vegas is more than a city, it's the remedy to mankind's ... derailment. The city's economy is a blast furnace...

>Vegas is more than a city, it's the remedy to mankind's ... derailment. The city's economy is a blast furnace, in which can be forged the steel of a new rail line running straight to a new horizon.
>What is the NCR? A society of people desperate to experience comfort, ease, luxury. A society of customers.
>Give me 20 years and I'll reignite the high technology development sectors. 50 years and I'll have people in orbit. 100 years and my colony ships will be heading for the stars to search for planets unpolluted by the wrath and folly of a bygone generation.
>What I'm offering you is a ground floor opportunity in the most important enterprise on earth. What I'm offering is a future - for you, and for what remains of the human race.

Attached: 1659980999283.jpg (268x268, 13.48K)

>No thanks.
>I'm gonna go play Fallout 3 now.

Attached: 1660417565297555.png (737x820, 460.42K)

im a mailman you vtuber cunt
not even a merc

>Tells you he's the best leader Vegas has to offer
>meanwhile his three subfactions are:
>The Ratpack larpers, whose leader is plotting to overthrow him and derailed his plans by hijacking his keystone chip
>The Mafia larpers, who are colluding with Legion to shoot up Vegas when they cross the Colorado
>The Opera larpers, which have been secretly kidnapping tourists and engaging in cannibalism
Why do people trust him to run the place again?

Attached: 1385181589548.png (399x382, 87.03K)

House's luck is at 10 while every other main faction leader has a luck of 5
If one ending were to be picked as the canon ending then House's would probably be the one based off his sheer luck alone

Still better than the NCR or Freeside lmfao

Something something trust the 5 year plan, he was just letting them run around until he can afford to get the Chip and then make the families obsolete with the Securitrons. That's his whole character flaw though: making huge bets and thinking everything will get his way because of course he's hedged them and he knows best, even though a lot of his choices are heavily tainted with narcissism and pettiness that shows he'll be cruel whenever he sees it as a free pick.

>NCR
>Has a living embodiment of dunning kruger in charge of using Vault 22 research data to solve a famine he seems only as a problem of numbers in a ledger
>Puts a legion spy in charge of the most important quest ever, finding and exposing himself
>Loses skirmishes to elvis impersonators
>Cannot stop fireants
>Cannot stop esacped convicts due to legalism and ineptitude
>Cannot stop Legion from assraping nipton

Nah. Without Courier magic the Legion wins. House himself calculates a 70% chance of Legion victory at the Dam, and with no upgrades House couldn't repel them after.

It would explain why there's fewer Legion sidequests besides lack of development time obviously. The Legion already has everything under control and your assistance is more of a bonus to the war effort than something essential like NCR or House. Legion will still be fucked in the long-run without the courier to deal with Caesar's brain tumour though.

my point is that House would be the one who's most likely to get Courier magic over everyone else.
It's not that he is going to win anyway, it's that he gets a Deus ex Machina in the form of the Courier.
because the House always wins

not necessarily. there's some strong indication that lanius is far more cunning and intelligent than he makes himself appear to be

>besides lack of development time
more like developer bias against the legion lol.

I think it was time actually. Lonesome Road is pretty heavily anti-NCR favorable to the Legion. Ulysses makes it clear that the Legion IS effective, just brutal, which is undeniable. It's also heavily implied that you, along with most Courier's were at one point part of the Legion, but may have become disillusioned like Ulysses, or amnesia from the gunshot.

Lanius enjoys blood and gore of both legion recruits and enemies of the legion, but he's not a tactical cretin like Graham was who could only do zerg rushes.
He will gladly use the unguarded arizona spillway
>Our warriors will wash over them in a tide of blood, severing arms before they can attack, legs before they can run, and heads before they can pray.

Ulysses makes nothing clear because he speaks in riddles.
But that still doesn't justify brutality of the legion. You have to be retarded to even think that having safe roads is justified when you can't even walk said roads because you're a slave.
the developers knew this and basically made Legion the "bad faction". No one in the legion actually likes the Legion either.

Those are more the myths used to inspire fear in recruits and enemies. Lanius devises the plan to infiltrate the Dam, and is quite disappointed that Chief Hanlon will not be able to provide a worthy challenge after he devised the strategy to win the first battle.

Again, I disagree. Raul wouldn't be there to state that things are better in Arizona now, or characters conceding Legion territory is better if you obey their strict laws.

Plus, not everybody in Legion territory is a slave. The conquered are example: Legion wins, every member of the NCR is enslaved, but Goodsprings becomes citizens of the Empire. It's a strict life, but if you contribute, you're fine.

It's a classic order vs chaos scenario

No Gods, no Masters

Lanius is a lot more intelligent than his reputation sells him as, but ultimately he's a better general than a political leader. All the epilogues where he's Caesar shows him running the Legion with a military brain and it fucks up a lot of people for no reason.
Legion is definitely meant to be the "bad guy" faction but I appreciate that they actually gave you a choice to join them and that they wrote in enough naunce that you could justify that choice for any number of reasons.

Attached: 1373784564119.png (367x461, 12.53K)

When Saywer himself said the first thing he would have done with more dev time would've been expanding the legion content?

Is this dialogue actually in the game? I remember never being able to side with House because he never explains himself, except in that one submissive housewife playthrough.

It's word-for-word his dialogue talking about what he plans to do with Vegas.

fpbp

When did he say this? I only recall both Sawyer and Avellone shitting on the Legion and confirming they are the bad guys.

He's so insanely based

>vtuber cunt
lmfao

Sawyer used to lurk SA forums and Formspring answering fan questions about the game.

Hasn't Sawyer cucked recently though? Legion are irredeemably evil because they don't respect women?

In one of his new vegas streams he got asked what he would've done with more dev time, first thing he said was more legion content. Only Avalon cried about Legion.

>Hasn't Sawyer cucked recently though
If he has, I haven't heard it.

Attached: b8c.jpg (950x632, 35.75K)

Strange because someone once asked him a question about gender in the Legion and he replied that the Legion fucked over both men and women equally. Women are forced to be breeding slaves and men are conscripted to die by the hundreds in the legion's endless campaigns.

I might be confusing him with Avellone then.

Avellone's position was that Fallout was straying too far away from FO1's post-Apocalpyse setting and has openly advocated for a second nuking. The whole plot of Lonesome Road was giving the player the option to do just that.

Attached: 1366333648426.png (320x310, 176K)