So you're telling me this thing is $200, and the sticks aren't mechanical?

So you're telling me this thing is $200, and the sticks aren't mechanical?

Why the fuck is this so expensive then?

Attached: xbps2.jpg (1499x1469, 193.37K)

I don't get it either. It's $150 more than the wireless(AA) BT/USB-C ones I got and all they have more looks to just be the paddles

Because retards will buy anything if it's "premium". How is this even a question/thread?

This.

Slap a "pro gamer" label on anything and you'll have a horde of 13-21 year olds lining up to pay three times what it's worth, regardless of whether it's a laptop, a controller, a chair, a headset, or anything else tangentially related to video games.

When this entered the market it was cheap. You had companies like scuff selling controllers for $300 or more. This is still one of the cheapest "pro" controllers you can buy and it's an officially branded one which is the appeal.

>mechanical
What the fuck does this even mean anymore?

Anyway, the rubber on my stick just peeled off, so I had to spend 5 bucks on another couple of sticks from China. At least they're easy to replace, and it's a decent controller for 3D stuff.

My only problem with this as someone who plays a lot but not a pro level is they only thing I use on this is the paddles and remapping the buttons. The rest of features are useless for me. The buttons are nice to press and the stick is smoother than the normal controller but these aren't game changer for me.

I wish MS or anyone made a normal controller with 4 paddles / buttons. But no you either get some cheap shit with two buttons or an even more expensive pro ones with still pretty shitty underside buttons.

this want that bad when It came out
the only bad part is that the shoulder bumper isnt so durable and it can break after a year or two

Commercial standard joysticks use a potentiometer. There's a wiper on a resistive layer that creates the output. It's not very accurate and shifts around. It's going to require a deadzone, and will eventually drift. Instead you can use an electromagnet and translate resistance to an output through a (mechanical) function that's less complex and more precise by several factors

Nigga just buy the regular one.

Potentiometers are mechanical. I don't know why you'd use a fucking electromagnet in a joystick where power consumption is an issue and a basic regular magnet with a couple of hall effect sensors will work just as well.

Realistically, potentiometer sticks are never going to fail if built correctly. I have some that are over 25 years old and still in use. Sure, they've got a bit of a deadzone, but I find them less peaky than my hall effect Sega sticks, which have problems in terms of smoothness due to the inferior spring setup.

been using this frequently for a couple of years, its great for being a manualchad in racing games
only problems im having is the rubber grips starting to come loose(on the left side especially), and there's a small loose metal piece inside the controller(probably from a rumble motor) that can sometimes get stuck in the left trigger assembly if it shifts around too much
the thing that sells me on this controller is just that the problems ive mentioned are probably gonna be the only problems i'm ever going to have to deal with, this controller is $200 because it doesn't use cheap chinkshit components that wear out with mere months of use(looking at you jewtendo joycons), fuck potentiometers
plus the swappable sticks are nice to have, i use the concave sticks for racing games and the convex one for games that i frequently move the stick in all directions in

>playing racing games on a controller
You can't just use the bumpers?

Last I heard, Corsair or some other company owns the patent for controller back paddles, these controllers pass off the licensing cost to the consumer. Elite Controllers unironically are really good and it's hard to go back to regular ones after using it for awhile.

index fingers for the triggers, middle fingers for the back paddles, feels great

I remember when controller threads used to be fun. Now they’re filled with features autist and console warring faggots

how can they patent a lever? because thats essentially what it is: a button with a lever on top

So that's fucking why no one else is using them. They're a no brainer really. Once you get used to the paddles you can't go back to having to fuck about with face buttons.
My elite 2 bumpers started acting up recently, which is after about a year of use, which is unacceptable for the price, but a little bit of tinkering and some isopropyl alcohol fixed them fine. Still, controllers like this with good back paddles shouldn't cost more than £50 but here we are. They should be standard on every console pad.

I have one, I really like it.

is there one with mechanic sticks?

I bought one of those some time back because I wanted the circular dpad, limited shoulder buttons as I usually prefer digital ones and I had hopes the back buttons would be similar to the steam controllers. While the dpad did its thing the shoulder lock was pure shit as it had no real feedback and the extra buttons turned out to be just in the way. The weight made it also very uncomfortable for long seasons. The best part however was that both sticks had drift out of the box even though it was brand new. I refunded it within 1 day and don't regret it.

Xbox makes more controllers than games. What a fucking joke.