How do you know when a character should be banned? Should Minecraft Steve be banned from Super Smash Brothers Ultimate?

kotaku.com/super-smash-bros-ultimate-minecraft-ban-steve-sora-onin-1849413171

How do you know when a character should be banned? Should Minecraft Steve be banned from Super Smash Brothers Ultimate?

Attached: file.png (1288x732, 734.19K)

Personally, I think there should be some sort of vote on a council with debates.

A character or tactic should only be banned if there is NO counter or workaround. If there is one, not matter how hard/small, there shouldn't be a ban.

Why does Kotaku want to censor Smash so much?

Attached: Kotaku.png (1081x648, 547.14K)

It will just end up like smogon lmao

what is smogon?

Modern media's design philosophy is to garner clicks through outrage; negative stories get more traffic. Kotaku's approach is to direct the outrage towards themselves by making such ridculous articles.

Steve is a stupid as fuck character to play against and rolls all of Ultimate's problems into one. Zoning in the game is the best strategy, bar none. Steve only ever zones out opponents. Unless you rush him down all he does is run the fuck away from you and it isn't fun. Never approaching is bitch behavior, I wish he was never even added because all he does is suck out all the fun.

Attached: 1639813156267.jpg (600x715, 31.52K)

Can't believe Multiversus keeps on winning.

That's what the tournament smash community is. Their rules are arbitrary

>Steve will never be in Smash
>St-Steve got in Smash, but he be shit tier
>S-Steve is top tier but he isn't Brawl Meta Knight tier
Banjobros...

when the character is over-represented in top tournament placements. nothing else should matter, especially the fee-fees of top players, much less random sihtters on twitter

Just invent a rule for players to only be able to use a character once, for one round only. And when they go onto the next round, the characters locked out. Simple.

>git gud crowd can't git gud to beat steve
>lets just ban him
why do people listen to these smash babies

shut the up fuck, bloody bastard

Attached: 2f1.png (1266x688, 310.33K)

pokemon's joke of a competitive community which bans many moves and groups pokemon into tiers.

It has yet to reach the same level as Bayo

glad the smash hugbox community is getting btfo'd by a 10yo playing their favorite character

>exposes smash "pros" as shitters
>want him immeditaly banned
Not helping their case.

Attached: STEVE STEVE STEVE.webm (852x480, 2.92M)

If he went in there he'd get touch of death'd

>it's a joke
Just as much as Ultimate's comp is a joke. Who cares what shitter outsiders consider your little fun? It's not perfect but it's a solution. I'm particularly fond of a certain Sonic racing game and a certain oldschool Naruto Fighting game. Both in which I partake with the serious competitive modding nature and skill-ceiling those games provide. Smogon is fine; nobody is stopping you from playing Digimon vs Pokemon with friends. Smogon is just a toolbox.

>having multiple formats is... le bad
braindead tier take

smogon deez nuts

>Kotaku
>No Ad Block
Kys shill

The tiers are fine, it is the amount of hoops, clauses, favoritism, and shutting down of a lot of discussion that's the joke. Well that and competitive pokemon in general

>How do you know when a character should be banned?
When top 8 is filled with the same character.
I hope that they don't ban Steve, watching top players play against them for the first time was fun for me.

Attached: acola steve combo.webm (1566x870, 1.31M)

Smash niggers don't even know their own history. Meta Knight was ban-worthy. Pre-slight nerf Bayo in Smash 4 was ban-worthy because she literally auto-combo'd you to death and she almost did it again in Ultimate but Sakurai noticed it during the fucking invitational, that's how incompetent they all are at knowing their own fucking game.

Try playing against a fucking swiftmaster in DNF Duel. That's a character that's extremely fucking ban-worthy but he's still rocking in tournaments and is basically responsible for killing that game despite it being new. You fags have it easy with the blocky faggot.

git gud

name a single arbitrary rule in the smash ultimate competitive community. no really, name one.
>inb4 something actually good for the game like mdsr that's also a legacy mechanic and inherently not arbitrary

>auto-combo'd you to death
Even that's open to debate, because of wobbling in Melee for example. The reason would be that since you play with multiple lives, it's acceptable a character can so easily kill you.
She was patched so that wasn't a problem anymore, but the Smash community has a problem of bitching and moaning when they don't like a character, and at the same time always find tons of excuses to never do.

If everyone is playing the same character and that character wins all the tournaments, it should fall on the devs to balance that character. Failing that, a ban is acceptable.

However, competitive games are also for retards because devs can't balance for shit and there is always a best character, item, strategy, etc.

he literally ran into steves up attack, skill issue.

0-kill% from a frame 17 grab
that's pretty inoffensive desu. the Steve short hop attack macro OoS that's frame 4 and combos into everything is really fucking offensive, and so are moves like minecart that are armored moving projectile command grabs that are safe on whiff, can hit twice, and let you kill confirm off of them

People still play smash?

I assume that's the joke.