Why did long time Souls fans find it disappointing while first time Souls players absolutely loved it?

Why did long time Souls fans find it disappointing while first time Souls players absolutely loved it?

Attached: aGhopp3MHppi7kooGE2Dtt8C.jpg (2880x2160, 935.46K)

Long time souls fan here

Loved every bit of it and am doing a SL1 right now with a Lance

Bloodborne on the other hand was overrated as fuck played it right before ER and my god that game is overhyped and even easier than if you were to use summons in ER.

Because we already played the same game multiple times in a row. Shit got old with 3 and Elden Ring was literally more of the same. At least Bloodborne and Sekiro tried to spice things up.

It's just too fucking big. I've never played another game where I can play for like 4 hours and get nowhere. The other games had an actual sense of progression

"I NEED THE GAME TO TELL ME WHERE TO DO, TO KEEP TELLING ME WHATS GOING ON AND SHOW ME A COOL CUTSCENE EVERY 3SECONDS OR IM OUT!"

why is the nuSony fan like this?

bait is a little too obvious newfriend

I'm a long time Souls fan and i enjoyed it. So your theory is gay. Like you

Anyone else practically ignore magic in the Dark Souls games but absolutely love it in ER?

kys zoomer

opposite for me. magic is fucking trash in ER because it's either broken easy or broken hard with input reading. maybe they fixed it since I last played idk

when I watched the let's play it was really slow

It was co directed by Miyazaki and the dude who did DS2.
Good stuff - Miyazaki
Shitty/meh stuff - DS2 guy
Simple as

I actually wouldn't hate it if the shit was more linear. To take the "proper path" for lvl appropriate shit means you'll be doubling back and forth between zones after Caelid. It's a mess.

its the same game
souls was already mediocre as shit and now they removed the only good parts it had
even the music is computer generated
KEK
its sad that mentally retarded npc's are sucking it off like it was some revolutionary game
just further proves how dead gaming really is and how easily influenced zoomers are

KNEEL

Attached: 1647835472031.jpg (2633x1542, 204.73K)

Have played DeS, DS 1-3, Bloodborne and Sekiro. Loved them all but didn't even finish Elden Ring. For a soulsgame it's both hollow and soulless.

Also sad that this game only has like...9 unique bosses while ds3 has 20+ what a fucking joke.

>soulless.
?

Attached: Elden Ring Environmental Cinegrid (3).jpg (6240x4914, 2.92M)

Long time souls fan that has played every single From game INCLUDING king's field. I love it.

It s dark souls open world. Except the souless interaction with npc and the empty world is amplified. Nobody lives there, just 10 people, and they never speak to you, you always have to go to them . Like come the fuck on from..

Miyzaki admits to rushing this shit just to get it done in time and in some other interview he talked about moving on to other projects. They likely won't make this kind of thing again (which is a good thing). This was made to appease the publishers/shareholders.

>This was made to appease the publishers/shareholders.
You're thinking of DaS3.

"""Long time souls fan""" Prepare to Die fags didn't like it because they found appeal in difficulty and there's ways to circumvent the difficulty. Simple as.

>vigor scaling shot up after level 25 instead of dropping at level 25 like in souls games so they complained about being one-shot
>damage types were way more important but souls fans ignored them then wondered why their holy damage weapon wasn't hurting guys wearing armor made of skinned gods
>they ignored all new mechanics because they were pros and didn't need the tooltips or to learn or to even try new things
>they kept forgetting jump attacks existed
>they believed in silly souls fandom myths about what is an isn't cheese and what is and isn't good so when a game balanced entirely differently around those things shows up they can't understand why the old ways aren't working
>they actively denied that the devs intend for you to summon NPCs and other players as a main mechanic and have told themselves that's cheating, so when a game introduces NPC ghost summons and then gives a lot of duo bosses to encourage you to use the new mechanic, souls fans ignored it then complained the bosses were too hard.
>the game intentionally tells you "don't rush into things, explore, you're too low to fight these, and souls fans ignored the signs becasue they're pros and not noobs and then they complained it was too hard

It's not that it was designed to screw with them or force them to play differently, it's that the souls fandom is retarded and they intentionally bully each other into only playing certain ways that don't work at all for this game.
No one's saying you need to use the mimic tear, but just level and summon a thing for the godskins before complaining about them online you idiots.

Attached: SORCERER ROGIER.png (502x354, 233.26K)

>Long time souls fan here
>Bloodborne on the other hand was overrated as fuck played it right before ER
Waiting that long to finally play Bloodborne, you are not a long time Souls fan.

I wonder...

Attached: Godskin Apostle input reading.webm (888x500, 2.94M)

>they actively denied that the devs intend for you to summon NPCs and other players as a main mechanic
No they didn't, it's just a dogshit design decision. It's either too hard without summoning, or far too easy if you do summon.

I wanted a new type of experience like Sekiro (and in a smaller case - Bloodborne). Not "Dark Souls 3.5: Open World Edition".

>there's ways to circumvent the difficulty
this is true with every souls game though. This was always the case. The games were never actually hard like the fans projected to people who never played them. They got the reputation for being hard to beat and that you gotta git good, but they're not actually all that difficult.

What the games do is set you up with a challenge with a big weight on you and then tell you to remove those weights until you're comfortable in the fight. It's a difficulty buffet that can be as easy or hard as you're willing to let it be. But you feel compelled to make it challenging and that's the appeal of the games.

However this made the fans retarded. After beating the games once or twice they'd start 'adding more weight', because they knew everything so they needed to up the challenge. And eventually they start thinking the way they're replaying it is the normal natural way people new to the game should play it, and then whine at people who play wrong, or use cheese builds (like literally any magic or pyromancy). And seeing the struggle of someone new to do that shit validates them in being good at a hard game.

But set the average mmo fan up with these games and they'll just quickly go "oh ok it's hard but I just gotta grind a bit no problem" and they'll melt the boss that gives them trouble. It's wrong and cheese to be overleveled? Their choice. That's the game. It was your choice not to be naked and swinging a club at only level one but no you made it easy on yourself by using armor.
That's "long time souls fans"

>No they didn't, it's just a dogshit design decision.
>It's either too hard without summoning
>or far too easy if you do summon.
not true at all really, and you're literally just proving the point of how souls fans view the mechanic and the game in general. People summon shit for Margit and still take a number of tries, just not as many as if they didn't summon for him. They summon a jellyfish and Rogier and still you can see them struggle. Your argument that it's something like an instant win or too easy is objectively wrong.

But even if you're too cool to ever use the completely optional mechanic out of a hundred other completely optional mechanics that serve different playstyles entirely, it's still on you to think a 2v1 battle is bullshit when you literally have three ways of making it a 2v2 battle.