Legend of Zelda Link's Awakening

How the fuck were they able to make such a kino title on the fucking game boy of all things?

Attached: LoZ Link's Awakening DX REDUX-220808-234005.png (1200x1080, 418.27K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=xb92HWXmdhk
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

People gave a shit about things back in the day. It's almost weird to contemplate.

I'm trans btw, if that matters

Yeah and thats not just with vidya but all industries across the board nowadays. I started off playing the pc port of OOT and was blown away by how good it was and how much care and attention to detail was put into the game (it was my first time playing it). I then played LTTP and just finished link's awakening on retroarch. Surprisingly I like link's awakening better. There was so much love put into the game and the characters were all pretty great. Marin especially as her date was wonderful.

Attached: LoZ Link's Awakening DX REDUX-220809-063311.png (1200x1080, 406.12K)

I like that she has her own site banner.

Attached: marin.jpg (300x100, 9.59K)

I disagree, it was a lot of fun

My friend who likes this game ended up becoming a tranny. Be careful.

Island adventures are inherently kino

Attached: Seiren.jpg (1064x1500, 545.26K)

The date was one of my favorite parts. Marin gets a shit ton of characterization is a few optional scenes. Where she picks up the shopkeeper, falls on link, talks about her dream on the beach, nominates that cove as their special place, and calls your ocarina playing shit. Its great

Attached: LoZ Link's Awakening DX REDUX-220808-234048.png (1200x1080, 685.19K)

Zelda girls whose names starts with M are always the best girls.

Attached: 1590516472844.jpg (634x900, 75.06K)

>only had link's awakening on the gameboy
>never got to experience the photographer miniquests
>never got to play the dx color dungeon
feels bad, but it's such an incredible game even without.
I had a save file right infront of the egg so that I could listen to the ballad whenever I wanted
youtube.com/watch?v=xb92HWXmdhk

don't feel bad, you got the definitive version. the color dungeon has a prize that trivializes the game and the seamlessness of the world sprites trumps the colors of the DX version. Image related

Attached: 1660181008781651.png (704x448, 18.42K)

This was the first video game I ever played as a kid on my neighbours gameboy

When I replayed DX I would always clear the color dungeon and then leave after killing the boss. Fuck blue and red, gotta keep the green tunic.

>please don't ever forget this song... or me
I cry everytime.

I should have done that but I chose red and then switched to blue after red became tedious due to launching enemies across the screen.

Attached: LoZ Link's Awakening DX REDUX-220809-003906.png (1200x1080, 376.35K)

I unironically think it's the second best your story in Zelda, right behind Majora's Mask. Link's Awakening could arguably get a leg up for saying a lot more with a lot less
Also, somewhat unrelated, but I think Majora's Mask is a dream in the same way Link's Awakening is. I don't think it's Link's dream, I think it's Skull Kid's, and I think that the mask is infesting his mind the same way Nightmare infested the Wind Fish.

Attached: FxgMM.png (2560x2048, 362.34K)

Koizumi and Tezuka

Marin was the first Zelda girl I ever fell for and to this day she remains the most powerfully emotional one in the entire Zelda franchise, if not all Nintendo games.
Link's Awakening was so ahead of it's time and did an unbelievable job at drawing you into the world and making you care about it disappearing and the 8 bit girl who wanted to escape with you. She's proto-Malon but as good as Malon was she never lived up to Marin in my heart. Maybe it's because bittersweet sticks with you more than ambiguous good end.

Attached: marin.jpg (1041x1389, 557.14K)

>awakening link gets a second chance with marin when they’re reincarnated and she become malon
>ocarina link gets a second chance with saria when they’re reincarnated and she become ilia

This is some straight up hipster opinions. Monochrome was a hardware limitation concession, Tezuka and the gang even came back to work on DX for the color release

Isn't Marin literally Link's idea of a perfect girl? She seems to have a lot of Malon features and a bit of Saria but not much of Zelda. Which is funny because that version of Link had never met either of them.

It is I won't deny it. The color is beautiful but I prefer the way the sprites seamlessly blend together as opposed to the clashing blocks. I understand I'm in the minority though.

Attached: LoZ Link's Awakening DX REDUX-220808-231934.png (1200x1080, 468.43K)

Don't ever compare saria to ilia in my vicinity ever again.

Attached: Saria_.jpg (1778x2048, 312.67K)

Yeah I hate that comparison, Ilia took the worst elements of Saria and Malon and mashed them togeather (and was ugly to boot).

Remake the Oracle games pls

Yes please

Attached: Untitled_Artwork-2.png (626x626, 129.75K)

I’m not saying Ilia doesn’t suck, especially compared to Saria, but I’m absolutely positive that Ilia was supposed to be Saria just like Malon and Talon were Marin and Tarin.

This.
Even Ilia’s hair is even styled after the Farore Spiritual Stone