What's the best way to play Metal Slug? Steam or MAME? Also, is the original the best or are the sequels better?

What's the best way to play Metal Slug? Steam or MAME? Also, is the original the best or are the sequels better?

Attached: thank-you-prisoner.gif (220x220, 133.12K)

Other urls found in this thread:

archive.org/download/WiiWareCollectionByGhostware
youtube.com/watch?v=mzkwMMhP7nA
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

I also want to know this.
Especially if there is a version without the infinite lives arcade meme.

doesnt the steam version have input lag?

I've been looking at emulating them, Steam version sucks I'm 100% sure about that at least. I wanted to go back to the bonus mode in MS3 that lets you play as the bad guys but it might be xbox/ps2 exclusive
Yes

Retroarch with universe bios, FBN. Runahead 1-2 frames. Use a compiler to repack your MAME rom if you have it. Enjoy.

>Steam or MAME?
Emulation
>is the original the best or are the sequels better
The trilogy is amazing, 4 is mediocre, 5 has some interesting stuff but it's unfinished and i barely remember anything from 6 aside from Ralf and Clank being in it.
2 has horrible slowdowns so try to fix it with the emulator or find a Rom that fixes it. (Or just play X which is kinda like a remaster with more stuff)
No idea about the games in portable systems

>2 has horrible slowdowns so try to fix it with the emulator or find a Rom that fixes cant you do this by overclocking the emulated cpu?

the steam version is absolute dog shit, you'll have a better time playing on a PS1 emulator

So I've played this at the arcade who knows how many times and I still don't get how these guys work. Do you only see them at the end if you went through the level without dying? Cus I'm pretty sure I've saved like a dozen of these homeless-looking fuckers only to have my final count be x0

I played it through Fightcade with a friend without any issue, we had a blast.

I forgot to mention that
If you die you lose all the guys you saved with that life

Thanks

FBNeo

1 is fun but has some real coineating bullshit desu, 3 is the best adventure, X i think is best overall
the others are okay. I kinda liked the one with the different aliens/throwback to 3's aliens (6?)

On Dolphin with Anthology version

On a modded wii/ wiiu lmao

here's the entire wiiware catalogue

archive.org/download/WiiWareCollectionByGhostware

I also recommend playing Pokemon Rumble if you have roommates/friends

Whoa, big!

All of them are great. X and 3 are the highlights. 4 is the redheaded stepchild and reuses a lot of assets from the first 3 but still is full of win for Secret Place alone.

youtube.com/watch?v=mzkwMMhP7nA

1 is easily the least difficult and most fair in the series (At least out of the first 5 as they're the only ones i've played)

I didn't know there was a mode to play as the bad guys, I hope my Xbox still works

PSX version