Let's pinpoint and discuss where everything went wrong with gaming

Attached: 4DE23562-F295-4D43-949D-9EAC840048D2.jpg (1792x1027, 626.75K)

when smartphones became a thing the damage became irreversable.

Right here.

Attached: file.png (108x153, 23.11K)

hyper normalfags

>1985
Take me back.

2006 but the cancer did already set in when Microsoft entered the industry with the Xbox, the growth of mobile is irrelevant since it happened way after that.

The PS1 and FF7 brought the masses in. Don't tell me that didn't happen, I lived through suddenly everyone in my school becoming a "gamer" and not knowing FFs before 7 existed. These same new gamers would go on to be Halo obsessed xbox kiddies.

No its didnt get predatory/cancerous until 2007. Iphone brought in the avg normie into mobile "gaming" that brought microtransactions to everything.

>we are further away from the first smartphone than the first smartphone is from Doom

Attached: 47.jpg (190x217, 23.46K)

It brought the masses in because it was and still is a great game, in these days the games that the masses play are absolute garbage with no redeeming qualities, they play them because its impossible for them to escape the massive marketing campaigns.

Benign tumors sometimes become cancerous if not excised.

>the second minecraft and angry birds hit the field.

Somewhere between 2004 and 2007.

Ironically enough, that same period could also be considered the golden age of modern video games.

>It's only $3 lol
>you don't have to buy it
>slippery slope isn't real

Attached: file.png (800x450, 732.96K)

Bethesda is cancer and always has been, they are only slightly less shitty than let's say EA or Activision-Blizzard because at least they sell their games mostly compete and aren't developing games with lootcrates in mind or whatever the fuck people gamble on nowadays.

Oh wait forgot about Fallout 76, they are the same cancer as EA then.

>consoles have been flat for 20 years
>PC has barely kept up with inflation

and we get told gaming is alive

This, and everyone having easy access to the internet via said smartphones.

I would narrow that down to 2006-2007

>Horse armor heralds the age of MTX
>Burning Crusade begins the age of endlessly sustained soulless live service games
>The iPhone initiates the collapse of western society

Constant growth is what got us here in the first place. Plateauing is fine.

The Jews.