Why is this game so hyped up with such good reviews? It's so aggressively mediocre...

Why is this game so hyped up with such good reviews? It's so aggressively mediocre, it feels like I'm back in 2010 playing Ubisoft's release of the year.

Open world is extremely shallow.
Gameplay amounts to collectathon with poor tier Arkham combat attached.
Full movement toolbox is given immediately, ruining any chance of progression.

Why is this 'Overwhelmingly positive' on Steam?

Attached: EGS_MarvelsSpiderManRemastered_InsomniacGamesNixxesSoftware_S1_2560x1440-73702d11161b29a0b7c40a8b489b1808.jpg (2560x1440, 484.31K)

Its one of the best spider man stories ever told. When I mean story everything that makes spider man spider man is in this game. Hes not the richest he has trouble with women his job isnt as secure as he would like it to be. Waaaaaay better then the MCU shit. With gameplay its just fun to swing and stuff. I personally think the combat and traversal is for fun is Spider man 2 but its still a fun game.
>Full movement toolbox is given
Because hes been spider man for quite some time at this point you still have stuff to unlock like gadgets and stuff theres no reason to lock movement. You do get faster though as you level up.

Yup, pretty much this so I'm gonna go ahead and say FPBP.

Game is fun, not sure what else to say OP.

People enjoy it, probably

>Full movement toolbox is given immediately
Except it's not?

People are stupid, what else is new?

>Its one of the best spider man stories
who fucking gives a shit

People who aren't you.

You're so aggressively retarded.

>Why is this 'Overwhelmingly positive' on Steam?
Good voice acting perhaps? Even though it stars Yuri "My ass is in everything" Lowenthal.

>best Spiderman stories ever told
Really? I mean yeah I guess compared to the games and MCU but I found there were much much better Spiderman stories out there.

This just felt so basic in so many ways. One of my least favorite Spidey universe actually. Fuck what they did with Miles and MJ.

because it's a great game. you have shit taste.

>good voice acting

Yeah, maybe for like $10? Otherwise its really shit.

There's this thing about Spiderman where even if the actual media he's in is kinda bad, it's still likeable. Spiderman is like Jesus of superheroes.

Why?

previous spidermon titles
>spider is a quirky nigger nerd that tries to be cool and fails and that makes him cool

neo-spidermon shit
>memetic reddit bazingaman lacks the self-awareness to spout anything besides unfunny as fuck one liners
>repeats the same 5 phrases every 2mins or so if you go fuck around in the empty and recycled open""""world"""

in 1h you've seen it all

Imagine living as this person.

I just say its ONE of the best its not ZEE best.

But for me it's not even up there. It's just so plain.

What's an example of a good spiderman narrative

No, it's good and fun. You're trying way too hard.

Animated series from 90s

Pfft

Yeah water clone MJ is real gripping. Same for that shitty Morbius arc

>it feels like I'm back in 2010
exactly my thoughts, it's basically high budget
Prototype from Sony instead of high budget arkham city.

>fun is just a buzzword when you can't actually think of any real reasons as to why the game is good.

>it's good because.....it just is okay?!
damn, OP struck a nerve.

God tier animation and movement. The pillars of game design.

You mean you?

it was great

Attached: 1660589366482..jpg (749x565, 109.79K)

It had great moments and many poor