World of Warcraft has had its Budget cut

>10.0 was a void lords expansion until the disaster of 9.1.
>The landmasses for the void have been reworked into the Dragonisles.
>This was not just to desperately stop the player number freefall by offering something people wanted but an experiment in a reduced operation and development budget.
>Many staff members have been let go, with lower pay replacements brought on.
>Higher ups promise this will "promote a more agile and course correct ready development pipeline"
>In actuality its extremely limiting.
>Its why only the new race gets evokers, theres only so much budget for animations now as with anything else.
>Its why half the zones are empty of anything but flying activities where every player contextually behaves the same and uses the same interaction toolset.
>Its why there are so few cutscenes, dungeons and one medium sized raid
>"If FFXIV can operate on a fraction of your costs and be Squares greatest assett surely you can do the same" was the hard final say on any questions raised.
>DF is the blueprint going forward. Spend less. Stretch every penny. Recyle, Reuse, Reinvent.
>Ion calls it "green development theory".
>There are currently two people working on talents, three on dungeons, one on dragonriding and anyone else who isn't the art team is trying to stop the backend burning down from bug overload we usually have four times the staff and three times the time to fix.

This is nobodies vision. Its an experiment in making WoW make money rather than burn it and the budget will never be what it was again because "we need a win" for shareholders.

Attached: Blizzard.png (2560x1536, 166.79K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=PaQ5Kb7bVV4
twitch.tv/maximum/clip/AmazingObeseBunnySquadGoals-xAZ6gHM-3n438AcZ
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

void lords? more like void my bowels in this thread lmao

no source huh? excellent larp my friend. sage and kill yourself asap

OH NO NO NO BLIZZARD BROS?!

STOP LAUGHING AT US!!!!!! STOP IT RIGHT NOW!!!!!

Attached: 1659878135539727.jpg (600x600, 112.51K)

no source but I believe it

This is bullshit but I believe it.

just put this dogshit mmo on maintenance mode

Attached: 1657666859136.jpg (680x493, 20.22K)

no it wasnt

I hate Blizzard and WoW so much now that I don't even doubt LARPs anymore. That level of apathy requires some serious incompetence on Blizzard's part.

Given the state of Blizzard I believe it until proven otherwise.

>Many staff members have been let go, with lower pay replacements brought on
Is this legal in muttland?
What a third world shithole.

source? no need because I know this is true lmao.

Attached: 1653221684344.jpg (226x223, 3.31K)

>this still isn't enough for WoWfags to finally let go of this shitheap

My theory was that they were planning more cosmic shit then course corrected to Dragon Isles a year into SL because of the backlash it got. This schizopost fits my thinking and therefore I believe all of it.

your premise suggests the Blizzard business development team can read and write which seems extremely unlikely given how the company has been run for the last decade

It's not only legal, it's common practice in game development. Experienced employees are often fired because cheap replacements fresh out of college are plentiful.

In commiefornia it is. They have done it with blizzard twice in the last year with Vicarious Visions being the most recognised name. Meanwhile they have done with with the call of duty development for at least a decade.

>Budget cut
>Just bought another fucking studio a few months ago to assist with development
good shitpost

A studio with a failed game and employees they can lowball if they want a job.

really the only thing about this that is hard to swallow is 10.0 was originally gonna be void lords and only changed after the backlash from SL. IF 10.0 was gonna be void lords it was the backlash to BFA that killed it.
They've been clear for a while that getting rid of the Aspects in cata was a mistake. Dragonflight seems to be something they have been working on for a while.
Still gonna be shit and I wont play it. Garrosh freed me of my curse.

Attached: Garrosh havin a chuckle.png (388x435, 142.15K)

It seems like the US get worst every time I look at it.
I guess they think that "workers rights" is commie talk.

Attached: 5ca.jpg (570x558, 260.13K)

It's pretty bad here. When you see the bustling successful US it's just a thin mask, underneath it's rotting away already.

WoWbros, are we eating good?

Attached: 1653749201365.png (594x843, 621.98K)

private server communities such as turtle wow are thriving with 3k active players at peak hours and filled with enjoyable people and names you see again and again rather than the depressed dregs of randoms who don't say a word on retail, highly recommend

OH NO NO NO NO BLIZZBROS

Dragonflight has no new content. Just iterations on shit we already have.

>turtle wow
Nice miner launcher

did that big titty ren fair girl get fired? is this finally my chance?

Attached: FQlvn_IVQAIwmOR.jpg (1536x2048, 385.76K)

>literal paid shills who attend Blizz press releases and parties, who's channel depends on WoW being alive
>Honestly reviewing or saying anything negative about Dragonfart

Attached: chainsawman kishibe.jpg (398x579, 83.62K)

isn't that exactly what WoW players want?

Cheaper to buyout a failing studio, than hiring one by one.

Attached: 1646539954922.jpg (1378x1079, 207.01K)

>Buys a studio thats whole catalog is filled with "games" that are directly tied to streaming/twitch

WEEEEEEW
WWWWWWWWWWEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW

You know what content they are working on is gonna revolve around streaming right? Blizzard might even try to have their own built in streaming platform on the blizzard app.

Over what? It the the most lacklustre expansion event I've ever seen for wow and I'm really not even being hyperbolic, what was exciting there?

if you sincerely think turtle wow is a bitcoin miner you're too stupid to operate a computer

Any Forums has been shitting on WoW since 2008 but it's still alive. Guess you chuds might get lucky in the 15th year of wishing for its death
youtube.com/watch?v=PaQ5Kb7bVV4

Going by numbers of views and retention, apparently not.

New Content > Revamps
every single time.

Attached: 1658632878267501.png (1071x445, 309.15K)

ok shill

Goalposts moved
wewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww

You can even see the forced expression on the still shot. That's not joy or excitement; it's a canned reaction for views as a good little ad agent.

>Many staff members have been let go, with lower pay replacements brought on.
If this was actually happening, you would have heard it 50 times already from the current staff who hold zero loyalty to Blizzard and are striking every other week over conditions.

Fuck off, LARPer

Attached: 1653345361360.jpg (669x468, 83.86K)

uh bro?

>Thanks

Attached: 1653749480819.png (547x583, 16.86K)

>this is nobody's win
Wrong. This is my win because I love watching WoW rot like the putrid corpse it is

>Mad as shit Bobby shill that someone guessed exactly what the studio was acquired to do

Attached: Garry's justice.png (994x545, 733.61K)

Even Everquest gets new expansions. It will never end.

Yeah? Got a source of them saying it that isn't greentext?

goypass when ?

fuckin god dammit

>ah SHIT I DON'T HAVE A SOURCE ON MY BULLSHIT better call him a shill to save face

You haven't visited a WoW thread in a while have you? they've lost multiple scenior designers in the last week.
One the other day specifically said "i hope they find someone to finish the druid and monk talents".

Go as /vg/ they screenshot every fucking thing.

dragonflight WILL be good!

Attached: 5.png (594x683, 792.86K)

Soon

Reminds me of how the Argus expansion was cut and made into the final patch for Legion.

I'm not doing the leg work for you, faggot

Getting tbagged by a fucking f2p gacha games side story animatic must really hurt blizzdrones clawing for relevancy in this current era. Some people even rewatch these things just to listen to the music but Blizzard is so out of touch they still use the same bland doots and thuds for background noise.

kek

maintenance mode?
twitch.tv/maximum/clip/AmazingObeseBunnySquadGoals-xAZ6gHM-3n438AcZ

If it was good, will it be enough?

Attached: 1439886532533.jpg (640x480, 54.17K)

It's fucking perfect

>Wasn't here for the threads about the trannies getting kicked from senior roles, with one maybe being a pedophile that hunts at little league games.

Fresh off the boat?

Attached: 1639408092103.jpg (248x411, 40.41K)

Can it even be maintenance if they didn't even bother finishing the work they started? It's WOD all over again.

and yet WoW is still the biggest and best MMO on the market.

OH NO NO NO
IT SHOULD BE OUT IN FEW MONTHS

Attached: 1660314534688164.gif (229x176, 987.04K)

I swear to god these
>wow leakz
threads have to be the same person.

hahaha, they dont even have people working on talents? doesnt this come out in like 3 months?

>last week
>actually the QA/Support staff from months ago
lol
some might even go so far as to say lmao

>rent out servers to no life-nerds, let them be GMs, give them access to in-house tools like model editing, let them give access to anyone who has paid their $15.

WoW is saved, and blizzard never has to do any work again, and none of us have to suffer blizzard's work.