What is the appeal of grand strategy? It's just total war without the fun parts

What is the appeal of grand strategy? It's just total war without the fun parts

Attached: CK3_Keyart_cropped.0.jpg (1400x933, 138.4K)

>total war
>fun

paradox games is just civ for smart people

you need to play ck3 as sims its much better that way than autistic map painting simulator

Honestly, I prefer how everyone in civ start small and slowly growing up.

Its Total War without the braindead tactical battles and a strategic layer that is 1000 times more complex
>durr just use cavalry and hit the sides

Attached: 775.png (1680x1050, 2.75M)

seeing how much you can fuck up before they get you

I like HoI4 best because it's the most recognizable, I guess. Factories, production, armies, ... it all makes sense.
I struggle with CK3 because I feel like I'm not really interested in the roleplaying aspect, and what's left over is a complex mess of ancient laws and concepts that seem very far removed from what we know these days.
What am I doing wrong with CK? How do I like it?

What CK excels at is how dynamic the world is, HOI is the exact opposite with how everything is triggered by scripts dictated by national focuses, the best and ideal way to enjoy it is to start as a single province count since both 2 and 3 have the issue that they are quite easy.

Yo, which mod is that, it looks great

Meiou and Taxes

Attached: 56764.png (1680x1050, 2.76M)

this garbage game made me hate everything about feodalism and monarchy

>complex mess of ancient laws and concepts
How fucking retarded does one has to be to think that CK is "complex"?
Both ck2 and 3 are the easiest paradox games

>grand strategy
CK is a RPG

whilst ck3 is literally baby's first grand strategy. ck2 is definitely harder than than hoi4 or even eu4 on some aspects

PVRE KINO

Attached: indir-_4_.png (960x960, 1.06M)

>durr just use cavalry and hit the sides
>he said as if it wasn't the meta of warfare since domestication of the horse up to 20th century

Yes and that's why making a clicky clicky game out of it its kinda dumb, unless its some kind of simulation where the player just gives some generic orders and the troops decide by themselves the rest.

>ck3
nothing its a shit game. I hope that thq game will kill paracuck finally

What THQ game?

Just play the CK3 Bannerlord mod where you fight every battle in Bannerlord

I know that mod and its a cool idea but fighting literally every battle directly would get pretty annoying i bet.

he's talking about knights of honour 2: sovreign.
and to be frank I don't think this game will do much of anything

A took a quick look and it has some interesting ideas, for example it has population and tactical battles while CK doesn't.

well it does have that (and I fucking love that it does) but the tactical battles don't seem all that impressive, and frankly the map is atrocious