Camping

Why do people hate campers so much? It's a game mechanic. The game wouldn't let you go on rooftops or hide behind impenetrable windowsills on the 10th floor if they weren't intended to be used.

Do you hate campers? Or are you one yourself? Or do you hate campers, but also partake in camping?

Attached: fuck_campers.webm (800x450, 2.99M)

because it's an unfun strategy to deal with

Camping only works if the people you're matched with are retarded.
>oh shit I died rounding this corner cause a guy is crouched there with a shotty
>...lemme run around that corner again
Most of the time camping means you get fragged or flashed because the guy you killed knows your ass is sitting there waiting. The only people who cry about campers are room temperature IQ autists running the same route every time they spawn.

>Why do people hate campers so much? It's a game mechanic
okay why don't i camp to
oh the match ended and nobody got a kill because we were both camping

did you hear the next call of duty will be categorizing player habits and putting them into appropriate lobbies where camper types will be matched with camper types?
that should be hilarious to hear the results of

camping snipers are unfun to fight against, you can fight any other class usually but snipers are usually too far to do anything about so you just try and pretend they dont exist and hope they miss because you cant do anything anyway.

I can't wait till all the camper faggots are crying because they have to deal with the same thing they've been doing to other people

>NOOOO YOU CAN'T JUST STAY IN A TACTICALLY DESIRABLE POSITION
>YOU HAVE TO RUN OUT IN THE OPEN AND LET ME KILL YOU!!

Cabin in the Woods.

If camping is a genuine issue in a game that simply means the map designers didn't do their jobs right.

I camp but not with a sniper. I hide in a corner and around doors with a shotgun.

It's funny

Sniper camping is the issue. 1 or 2 good enemy snipers can shutdown your entire team depending on the game (public matches, usually).
Once your team starts getting their asses kicked they try to counter-sniper, making the game infinitely worse as suddenly your team is now comprised of mostly snipers that suck.
I mostly see this in Battlefield games.

The campers will finally shed a single tear after the ocean you've given up to them.

It's a remnant from old arena shooters where someone would hide behind a corner or something similar so while you're flying around through the map collecting weapons, they'd take potshots at you as you pass through a door. Some people hated it because they considered it a sneaky strategy instead of stumbling into a room together and blasting away where the fastest twitch reaction and best aim wins.

It doesn't make any sense nowadays because very few games play as an arena shooter now, the default strategy IS camping or rather using cover as it was intended. Plus, players aren't moving around at the speed of sound anymore so if two players happen upon each other it's trivial for them to target and shoot the other guy.

The last CoD game I played pretty much solved camping by forcing enemies to spawn near you/behind you. Made it a lot less fun.

i don't cry about squeakers, but squeakers cry when you call them what they are
campers, identical situation

you go ahead and be yourself, camper

It's not camping it's strategic waiting.

Attached: 1660551201198.jpg (739x415, 58.59K)

I fucking hate subtitles so much when they do this

Camping was a horribly ineffective strategy in arena shooters when you were playing with people who knew what they were doing. Arena shooters revolve around item spawn locations and the core gameplay is memorizing where and when the good shit spawns and moving in a loop to get them at spawn, which naturally creates combat opportunities as everyone else wants to get the stuff as well. Giving up those items and sitting in a corner with a piddly weapon, no armor and only 100 hp you're at a severe disadvantage and will get destroyed by any good player even if you get the drop on them.

What movie?

>that obvious airsoft sniper
is this supposed to be westworld?

camping is not cheap strategy, it's a game/map design problem.
camping spots are fine, it just needs counterplay, like ways to get to the sniper position without being spotted, a killcam that shows the killer's position, line-of-sight blocking items like smoke bombs or shields or hyper-mobility characters with stuff like aerial approach, speed or some kind of stealth mechanic