Despite having a switch and a steam deck I never understood the appeal of portable gaming...

Despite having a switch and a steam deck I never understood the appeal of portable gaming. Even back when I was rocking my new Nintendo 3DS XL, it never made sense there's so many opportunities for it to get lost and realistically how much down time do you have to actually use it?

Attached: 20220814_202952.jpg (768x1024, 101.02K)

so u can play games past ur bed time w/o mom finding out

play on aeroplane
play in waiting room
play on road trip, bus or train
play in bed
play at someone else's house
/thread

Great for laying down on the couch with

How can you actually get immersed in a game if you're constantly just whipping it out whenever?

there are games that aren't RPGs you know

i like playing it in the bathtub.
i used to play my 3ds in the bathtub from full battery to empty. i did it with the wii u too. beat all of windwaker while lying in the bathtub.

>playing a portable anywhere but in your bed, around the house or in a hotel room
Anons who don't understand this have never owned a portable.

I found it pretty easy for the few AAA games I played on my Switch.

That I can understand. Playing around the house is one thing
I know but I honestly can't do it for some reason I work 12-hour shifts where I have literally nothing to do all day but go on my phone or watch a movie and I've brought my switch with me and I just can't get immersed

>back when I was rocking
Nobody who talks like this has anything to say worth listening to.

>I work 12-hour shifts where I have literally nothing to do all day
What do you do? Sounds like I need a career change.

Security. Two 8s two 12s. 3 days off for myself. Every week. Have to do very few things and there's a lot of downtime. Make about 20/hr doing it

When I was a kid I'd take handhelds with me to play during breaks at school. Was great. At home handhelds are great for just playing anywhere, in any position you like. Handheld gaming in bed is extremely comfy.

Attached: 1619556150191.jpg (1600x900, 90.33K)

headphones can really help

>Despite having a switch and a steam deck I never understood the appeal of portable gaming.
I don't care

i prefer books for entertainment in public. It's Quentin approved.

>I know but I honestly can't do it for some reason I work 12-hour shifts where I have literally nothing to do all day but go on my phone or watch a movie and I've brought my switch with me and I just can't get immersed
Well that's on you, why I need to feel the same way as you when I can really play rhythm games on my vita/dsi/3ds/switch and get inmersive in second in my free times in the job?
Mmm maybe you need headphones my man.

When I was in college, 3 days a week I had a 4-5 hour break in between some of my classes, and I spent the whole day on campus those days.
I would throw my 3ds in my bag and play monster hunter during those breaks

This is peak autism,anyway i am of to play Burnout 3 Takedown on the shiter.

Attached: 61b7aPuSTML._SL1000_.jpg (1000x1000, 80.06K)

Cute asian Miyeon is for black bulls! Miyeon best girl!

Attached: 1640126313681.png (676x955, 904.24K)

I like being able to play my switch anywhere in my house without having to hook it up to the TV

Attached: E-a1IYNWUAY__Vt.jpg (500x500, 25.75K)

3ds xl is too big
play on the regular sized one it’s a much better experience