So what's your history on making friends via online games? Worth it?

So what's your history on making friends via online games? Worth it?

For me, I've made a ton of friends playing League of Legends. I broke off with my close high school friends. I prefer online vidya friendships.

Pic really unrelated.

Attached: 1608085135919.jpg (598x647, 45.09K)

>yellow party hat
>not a loser

>He went for the cheap alternative

i stopped communicating with people in video games about 7 years ago and never looked back

team based multiplayer games are about 80% of my play time, too

Depends, most of the time not really. There's only two or three people I've met on steam that I bother going out of my way to interact with. One I've known for over a decade now and the other we play a lot of games together

>he missed out on the peak childhood mmo
I mean this without malice or irony, I genuinely feel bad for you.

Attached: 1637031604846.png (605x381, 186.66K)

>So what's your history on making friends via online games?
almost non-existant, i don't have friends
>Worth it?
no

I grew up in a shithole my parents moved to. 50% poverty rate for the populace, low IQ inbreds everywhere. We had no relatives to support us. Literally no opportunity for work or education. My family was an outcast for having no relations to the town. And they made sure to let us know when we had no support after my father got and died of cancer. My coworkers all made cancer jokes when I finally returned to work (of course, none showed up to the funeral).

I basically stayed a sheltered NEET all throughout my teens and early 20s and only had online friends. Eventually, a couple were mega bros and helped me relocate out to where they are and teach me some skills and land a job.

I now have those online friends as IRL friends nearby. I also landed a comfy job making more money than I'd ever imagined, got my first home and met my wife.

Genuinely would have killed myself if it wasn't for my online friends

how do you make online friends bros? I have IRL friends but they rarely play vidya and I hate playing MMOs by myself with randos

>I basically stayed a sheltered NEET all throughout my teens and early 20s and only had online friends. Eventually, a couple were mega bros and helped me relocate out to where they are and teach me some skills and land a job.
Holy shit. That's nuts. You made some good friends.

I had a group of dudes I hung out with on Wc3 back in the day. Lasted for years, we played everything together even after it started to die. We had a private Minecraft server, and one of them introduced me to Any Forums. Some of the best years of my life, honestly.

Most have just been shorter ones that only lasted for a particular game, but two of them have been constant for years, multiple games and periods where we don't play but still talk pretty often.
>how do you make online friends bros?
Same way as IRL. Hang out with random people.

Attached: AZwGf9.gif (320x180, 3.83M)

Is it true I can meet 100% real girls on /soc/?

Attached: 1642898347572.jpg (561x362, 60.32K)

What game is this?

Needy Streamer Overload

Attached: 1642994640834.png (613x203, 26.78K)

Yes, but it's like autistic Tinder except you can't get laid IRL. They pick the creme de la creme of autistic nerds to chat with and maybe do some ERP. The whores who post their tits won't interact with you beyond "thanks uwu."

>I broke off with my close high school friends. I prefer online vidya friendships.

Typical of a NEET.

I'm thankful everyday for them. They're extended family to me.

I met my boyfriend of 2 years through Garry's Mod. Good experience.

E-friends are not real friends lol

I only get friend invites, I never send invites to others. I play 3 games, Call of Duty Warzone, World of Warcraft, and Apex Legends. I'm in the top 1% of all three of those games. I have a group that I play with that I met solely through looking for other players on my level in regards to skill. I stopped trying to add people as friends because I would always have to reduce how well I play by a SHIT LOAD to have them keep up with me. Annoying because most of the people I play with that are on my level are absolute shitters to talk to.

Attached: 1642478416119.jpg (873x720, 122.16K)

>tfw in 2022 if you're a teenager and make online friends, there is a very high probability you would meet transsexual and/or fag groomers.

Attached: image_2022-08-15_013736664.png (259x194, 81.02K)

my online friends are the only friends I have