What IS the advantage of mechanical keyboards? Are they a meme or what's up?

What IS the advantage of mechanical keyboards? Are they a meme or what's up?
I've used membrane all my life and never really had much of an issue with them. Even if they broke, which has already been rare enough by itself, new ones are still dirt cheap. Am I missing out?
Also, which brands are good these days anyway?

Attached: 1643891633865.png (2048x1365, 3.68M)

there's a huge culture of cringy mechanical keyboard vanity, i just bought one recently and it feels nice to type on. I got hyper x alloy origins with red switches. the rgb is cool too i guess

its the same as any other keyboard. Only louder and more annoying.

Like SimRacers who think if they buy enough useless overpriced junk, they can perfectly recreate driving an F1 car or flying an F-15, this is just another meme where part of the marketing is done by word of mouth from people who've already been scammed into buying one.

Even the most modern computer has as much in common with a real car as a sega genesis game.

>What IS the advantage of mechanical keyboards?
40 decibels of seratonin-inducing klikitty klakkitty klikkiti klack plus tip.

Colleague recommended I get one, he claimed it reduced hand fatigue. Bought an inexpensive Chinese one with "brown" switches. Might be anecdotal but my old ass hands definitely feel less fatigue even after 8+ hours of typing

Attached: 1660103979412245.png (448x179, 91.91K)

they are slightly better than the membrane keyboards from 20 years ago.
buy the cheapest one you can find since they are all the same shit made by the same 3 chinese factories.
don't fall for the trap laid by "enthusiasts" and buy riced out bullshit.

Keeb thread? Keeb thread!
Thinking about picking up this limited edition beaut soon. Sure it only comes with EC sakura v1's but I can hotswap pcb mod the superior lilac v2's into it anyways so nbd

Attached: large_DKON2208S-TWPHZZWD2QH_1.jpg (2400x1600, 532.9K)

>control method doesn't matter
peak retard

They "feel" better. I didn't notice much difference at first until I used a membrane keyboard again for the first time in a while. I'd still say it ain't worth it. This hobby also attracts a LOT of autismos and consequently trannies for some reason.
There are however some unique and interesting solutions such as optical switches and Hall effect switches which turn every key into a gamepad trigger basically. But they're expensive and aren't supported by many games.

This looks like something a man who sucks 30 penises on a weekly basis would purchase.

It's why I fucking hate the mechanical keyboard community. The more expensive the more retarded it gets. Worst off the companies that make the shit that looks like childrens educational toys also ends up getting promotional deals with things like Pili Glove Puppetry. We could have had a fucking Thunderbolt Fantasy stylized keyboard or something fucking cool and instead they keep making shit like this that sells out instantly by "collectors"
I wouldn't mind spending $100 on something that was made of metal instead of plastic, was full sized instead of the tiny keyboard meme, and was styled either with just a cool font or after something I liked

Attached: large_DKON2061ST-USPHWWTS2GSC_1.jpg (2400x756, 374.59K)

Yes. It's non negotiable. I recommend anything in the $300+ range on massdrop, you should be safe with something from there. I went a little extra for artisanal keycaps because I appreciate art but you dont need to if you're just a keyboard pleb. once you go mechanical you wont go back. the thiccy thocc is unrivaled

If you are playing a game that requires you to regularly hit 4+ buttons at the same time, they might be handy
Otherwise it well and truly doesn't matter.

This is the correct answer
t. Kept fucking up in Tekken on PC due to my memebrane not being able to accept 4+ inputs at once

n-key rollover is not exclusive to mechanical keyboards

Not exclusively, no, but you can be pretty sure that mechanical keyboards have it.

>What IS the advantage of mechanical keyboards?
Comfort. Used to be durability but now mechanical keyboards are pretty ubiquitous so there's tons of cheap garbage that's designed to break.

nah cheap ones don't have it

funnily enough, you can find REALLY cheap mechanical keyboards slathered with "gamer" shit that don't even fucking have n key rollover. So little timmy is going to find out his keyboard shits the bed any time he tries to press multiple keys playing fortnite

Attached: 1657960629603.jpg (500x375, 30.99K)

OP here.
Thanks for the details, I'm still undecided since from what you're saying it's an unnecessary luxury/autism thing more than it is a practical one.
I was looking at this one but I've seen some
>logitech
on other threads in the past, mostly mouse threads however.
I suppose I don't really NEED a mechanical keyboard since I'm no ebin competitive gaymer or anything even close, but it just sounds like something nice to have.

Attached: logitech G513 carbon.png (1384x1038, 697.41K)

logitech doesn't thocc. go with something that thoccs or you will regret it and feel like you missed out. most stuff above $400 will be superb and anything above $350 is okay

They're really great at pissing off your roommates who are trying to sleep.

don't listen to this brain damaged individual.
this is one of those keyboard enthusiasts you have to ignore, you can tell because of their retarded vocabulary.

>this is one of those keyboard enthusiasts you have to ignore, you can tell because of their retarded vocabulary.
let me guess, new to the hobby? you talk like you've only owned one mech keyboard before if you don't know what a nice thicc thocc is

Get a real man's keyboard like pic related

Attached: higroundadventure.png (480x480, 122.1K)

It's just like coffee or linux or anything else with a dedicated subreddit. They do feel better to type with, so mid-life crisis redditors with too much money decide to make it their entire hobby, fucking it up for regular people

> thocc
Stopped reading there. I have a linear mechanical exactly because I don't feel the need to wake up the neighbourhood at 3am in the morning when I'm on a shitposting bender.

Sitting for 8 hours def fatigues my ass before my hands