For some reason it doesn't quite feel as good/fun as the older Street Fighters I've played

I can't put my finger on what it is exactly. I'm not exactly a pro at these games admittedly so that might contribute to my confusion.

One thing is for sure and that is that it looks kinda shit

Attached: 732934_front-768x960.jpg (768x960, 150.61K)

It was scuffed as fuck and ruined my hopes for SF6

they actually outsourced individual character models to random people online so that's why the graphics look weird.
gameplay is kinda meh imo thanks to it just being poke and then activate v-trigger, but at least its less messy than sf4 where you just focus through neutral

It's a really good game for experienced SF Players but ...

For one thing the main menu is like sitting at a Computer Desktop which feels like work or school. There is no hint at finding a true starting point except to first try arcade mode. The single player arcade mode is divided into multiple components also. Going online to play vs others is a like going to to a big crowded city and, if your a beginner you will get your butt kicked.

you're lucky to have champion edition with the full updated roster. the first release which was 5 years ago was rock bottom basic.

It's subtle but you're not crazy, it does feel off compared to previous games. It's only the second major SF to bother to take frame data into consideration, but unlike 4's focus on using that for link combos, V makes your advantage on block extremely important at all times and this leads to the strike/throw looping mix in the corner where Crush Counters turn a bad throw tech into huge damage.

On top of that, most normals in SFV have really paltry range, with way too many having animations shorter than their hitboxes. In many other SFs (including what we've seen of 6), the normals that are dominant in V's neutral would not be that crazy. Luke in V has such good neutral because he doesn't have SFV buttons, he has SF6 buttons.

Attached: 1640157572384.jpg (1133x872, 121.56K)

older SF is about zoning and controlling the screen space. It's fast and spontaneous and anything can happen. Modern SF is about combo setplay and it's boring as shit. It's more like slow Tekken than SF.

Attached: 1620778535441.jpg (638x421, 33.26K)

the game favors pressure over defense also. SF 2 pushed players backwards if they attacked too much and if the defender blocked the defender gets relieved of that attacking pressure.

SF V was released too early, but TNT had a big SF IV Tournament advertised on National Cable TV, so they needed SF V to have a playable version ready on time for that marketing opportunity. SF IV still had so much life and popularity and SF V came out like undercooked pizza

>sfv is somehow more and less random than previous sf games
>out of throw range after 2 jabs but somehow it's not enough

the game was bad at launch but realistically sfv now is about as good as sf has ever been. there's a lot of different characters and playstyles you can represent, and even the characters that everyone agrees are broken aren't dominating competitions.
it also looks significantly better than sf4

You know what bothers me? Arcade mode's normal is mostly piss easy and not really so much fun, but the hard mode doesn't make up for it because that one actually is proper fucking hard. There should be a middle ground between breezing through it with literally any character and getting your ass kicked if you're not playing a character you are experienced with.

>Modern SF is about combo setplay and it's boring as shit. It's more like slow Tekken than SF.
SF4 was more like that than V lol

I like SFV the way it is now. My biggest gripe is how most of the fun requires online connection, even enjoying the single player modes requires online connectivity. I also despise the lag switchers i'm constantly facing from Latino / Hispanic countries.

it's floaty and the movement feels like your char is on ice skates
the chars look like plastic dolls
KEN BANANA HAIR
it's an ok game because the street fighter formula still/just works but it's honestly one of the weaker outings

>they actually outsourced individual character models to random people online so that's why the graphics look weird.
I used to think it looked off as FUCK but after seeing the characters in SF6 I can no longer complain about 5. Have you seen 6's characters? They look so uncanny.

what's wrong with the SF 6 designs? I think they all look appropriate for SF. I personally liked the 2D Animation of the past but it's time to move on.

Not that guy but I fucking hate them too.
Out of all the videogame series in the world that really, REALLY didn't need to buy into this "muh grafix" pseudo-realism meme, Street Fighter was very high on the list.

Look man, you can't release a 2D AAA game anymore. The grafix need to be appealing and profitable, 3D is a must and it has to look next-gen. It is what it is and the end result looks better to me than 4 and 5's artstyle, going more realistic works better for 3D.

I don't expect them to do 2D anymore, I just think the faces they have shown so far are fucking disgusting and uncanny, and the very detailed textures on the clothes and skin clash horribly with the stylized proportions.
Street Fighter V looks clearly better, cleaner and more detailed than SFIV but it is also obvious that they are both games from the same series, SF6 characters look like some kind of Virtua Fighter collab or something.
Even the logo got turned into some bland, generic shit instead of the yellow/orange they had used for decades.

I actually don't hate SF6's look outside of some of the lighting and a couple faces but it's very possible to have a very visually stunning and stylized 2.5D game. If there's a company that COULD do it it's Capcom, too, but at the moment they want all their blockbuster IPs and new IPs to have more detail and graphical power, while stylized visuals are left for smaller projects like GnG Resurrection.

I'm just glad they didn't go FULL realism and just added more detail to the exaggerated characters, which is workable. That one early SFV concept was much worse.

Attached: 1654560530729.png (225x222, 76.01K)

Well uhhh I disagree

Attached: 52255959851_edab67f9ed_h.jpg (1600x900, 233.03K)

I really don't know user, is it because of soulless UE4 visuals? Because of offense/defense being literally as linear as rps? Is it the 90% of the game being locked behind DLC? Is it the non-existent execution ceiling that makes you watch the same combos no matter who's playing? Is it the inconsistent style/animation across the cast? Is it the dogshit mechanic known as VT that puts you at massive disadvantage for winning and you don't even get a second chance to pop it back because you died in 2 combos that gave 50/50 + stun? Is it the fact that Capcom can't into unique character mechanics so it only comes down to who can pop the aforementioned VT first? I really don't know user...

Fair enough, I was explaining why I don't like it but I am well aware I'm part of a minority.
Juri looks surprisingly cute to be honest, I figured they would go out of their way to make her look stereotipically, generically Korean like they did with Chun-li and her hyper Chinese face, but as far as girl characters go Juri looks good in SF6
Ken works too I guess, from that one leaked screenshot I saw.

The realism looks so weird. She used to be a psycho cutie now she looks like a Chinese street worker.

Fuck off retard.

The look is subjective. I love how it looks

I think Daigo Ikeno's leaked concept art shows that they're at least trying to keep some aspects consistent in terms of the design of the characters, even if their looks change significantly. The director of 6 is a self-admitted Super Turbo fanboy as well, so you have Ryu being closer to his SF2 look than his 4 & V looks, and then there's the screenshot of his office with all the Popeye comics which explains Luke's weird fucking arms. The added detail does throw off some of the most exaggerated aspects of the designs like Guile's massive biceps, Chun's massive thighs (when they've made her feet more normal-sized), and Kimberly's rounded facial features.

I just want to see Shinkiro draw some of the newcomers. I think that'll help me like them more.

Attached: 1654665652098.jpg (1280x916, 550.3K)

seethe harder drone fighter v nigger
your shimmy simulator was never and will never be a good fighting game