Unleashed

>Journo said it was bad
>Any Forums likes it now
How did public perception change so quickly?

Attached: 770D8289-C506-4957-AA72-381EDF171608.jpg (342x394, 31.76K)

It's still shit. You can't just ignore half the game that is garbage in favor of the decent half when rating it.

Contrarianism of the underaged becoming 18.

Pretty mediocre game. I only ever see people praise it for the presentation value anyway.

We always liked it.
Only redditors getting mad over the werehog try to make you think otherwise

People say it's half when it's NOT FUCKING HALF. The day stages are 15% of the game, and even then, one of them is shit.

>isnt good enough to make the day stages and night stages equal in length

Dunkey said it was bad, therefore I must like it.

I unironically enjoyed the werehog stages. Not as much as the daytime stages, but still had lots of fun with it. The worst in the game are the Tornado stages. It's still better than anything we've seen since.
>Colors
Awful fucking design that took all the fun out of boost gameplay.
>Generations
This one was alright, but really flubbed the landing right at the end.
>Lost World
Terrible.
>Mania
Great game held back by Sonic Team's asinine mandates to make half the game rehashed zones and connect it to Forces.
>Forces
Absolutely terrible.

All in all Unleashed PS360 was the best Sonic game since SA2 and everything went downhill afterwards.

Attached: 1530829819764.png (333x333, 107.71K)

This.
It was always liked here, nobody would say it's a great game but for a sonic game it's not bad at all.

i remember the werewolf levels being horribly bad, you would spend 40 minutes mashing square and killing some generic minions each level

>"It's a bad game, werehog is too slow!"
>"but I liked the werehog stages"
>"You... I... uh... SHUT UP IT'S BAD!"
>"what version did you play?"
>"ps2, why?"

Attached: 1654173601016-1.webm (1280x720, 2.4M)

The last Sonic game with soul.

The night stages are in no way difficult. In fact, they have the inverse problem. I believe that a Sonic game having a greater focus on combat should either make it simple, speedy, fun popcorn combat, which is where Heroes succeeds, or give you an actual challenge in the form of tougher-to-take-down enemies, which Frontiers will most likely have. Unleashed fails in both areas.

>God of War is and has always been shit compared to other action games
>Werehog is a worse God of War
>yet there are people that actually like it
I'll just never understand werehog defenders. The platforming isn't even good either because the lack of a drop shadow makes it fucking insufferable.

Attached: 1469916899117.jpg (174x217, 13.56K)

>half
The werehog is better than 90% of all action games. You just have shit taste.

It actually is great game though. It was definitely one of the best games from that gen.

werehog is fixed god of war. GOW focuses so much on shitty gore, setpieces and gay writing that the actual core gameplay suffers as a result. Werehog actually has good level design, fun and varied combat and an enjoyable story. If you actually need a fucking drop shadow in any fucking platforming you need to seek fucking help, you should be able to tell where sonic will land just by judging the depth of his jump, nevermind the fact that tight platforming isn't common in the actual game.

People talk up the night stages as if the combos mean anything when the enemies don't fucking fight back. Literal baby shit.

Attached: gamerscore.jpg (267x290, 16.54K)

The DAY sections are good.

The night sections are way too slow. I understand that Werehog is supposed to be slower-but-powerful, but he's way too slow. The combos are also redundant, and there's no incentive to memorize them since there's barely any damage variation. The music itself is nice, but in the werehog stages, the battle music constantly resets itself everytime you get in a battle.

It doesn't help that in order to progress and unblock future stages, you need to collect all the sun/moon medals.

Fucking retard, platformers in the 90's figured out that drop shadows are necessary for proper alignment in 3D space when jumping. Rooftop Run Night has a huge 5 minute platforming segment in the clocktower and because of the Hedgehog Engine's stupid fucking lighting engine, you don't get a single drop shadow to let you know where you land. And the Werehog has to land on very thin platforms a lot of the time because god forbid they at least give you decent sized platforms to land on to make up for this shit oversight. Then Skyscraper Scamper Night has half the level be tightropes and thin boards over bottomless pits and that's when I called it quits in 2008. Never went back to finish Unleashed until after Colors came out and I was in the mood for more boost levels.