Is it really the best Sonic game in the last 20 years or even post 1994?

Is it really the best Sonic game in the last 20 years or even post 1994?

Attached: Sonic_Mania_(artwork).jpg (300x333, 53.68K)

When Adventure exists? No.

Attached: 1628648313568.jpg (960x960, 106.7K)

It has no identity. It's just a soulless anniversary project Iizuka greenlit to spite Classicfags. He called it "Mania". You do know what having mania is right? He's literally calling you fags crazy people.

The stages are too long, copying the meme exploration of 3&K, with shitty gimmicky bosses, shitty "haha wink wink get it? :3c" references everywhere. Its totally insincere. Its the Hot Topic of Sonic games.

Only Arin fags think it's the best Sonic game post 1994. It's just a collage of classic Sonic mixed in with beta levels. The last great Sonic game was Generations because it was an actual sovl anniversary game.

3&K is still the best 2D but Mania is right next to it
For the 3D games I'm most partial to Adventure jank kino

Only zoomers who never played the original 3 games think this, as this is 90% just rehash.

This, and a chunk of the Dimps Sonic games, are better than the most of the classics, good as they are.

>soulless
Mania is easily one of the most soulful sonic games ever made if not the most considering it comes from passionate lifelong fans who were paid on the basis of completing the game rather than sales and thus were largely removed from even a profit motive compared to a soulless company like Sega. It's a celebration of Sonic's history and anyone calling it soulless must be utterly retarded.
>meme exploration of 3&K
Explain what this actually means.

>Mania is easily one of the most soulful sonic games ever
nah rehashing and "i am a fan!!! i can work!!!" is not soul, I know braindead niggers need to lach to something to feel they have at least 2 digits of IQ but this ins't it feela.
>removed from even a profit motive compared to a soulless company like Sega.
love this Liberal Arts mindset btw, you must think arthouse movies have no profit intentions too uh lmfao.

UP YOURS, WOKE MORALISTS!

>Mania is just a collage of old levels mixed with weird Sonic Channel trivia lore bullshit
>Generations, though, is completely different, and bet-

Attached: bonk.gif (240x240, 254.32K)

>Adventure
Adventure? More like load of fucking bullshit.

You could have just said you have shit taste, dude.

I played it on release.
Adventure is good, but that's the point where the series jumped the shark. The original and timeless charm was removed and replaced with nonsensical edge aimed at teens and autists.

When did Sonicfags on Any Forums start hating Mania? I remember before and shortly after it came out we'd have daily threads where we wouldn't shut up about how good it was and now it's like there's been a complete 180 on general opinion.

Attached: 15 (1).jpg (241x249, 17.72K)

Sonic was always dated edge. The marketing for the first game relied heavily on it.

sbr2 is pretty good

>The original and timeless charm was removed and replaced with nonsensical edge aimed at teens and autists.
lol @ you saying Adventure 1 was edgy. Bruh, just admit that you're a nostalgia fag.

malignant contrarianism. Any Forums doesn't like video games

Blame Adventurefags. It's always Adventurefags. They're the reason the fanbase has such a shit reputation.
>"Mania was critically acclaimed and helped to revive Sonic's image in the gaming community?"
>"No, it's shit. I want buttrock, edge, unfitting characters and stories, long quills and basically everything that the series has been mocked for for the past 17 years."

/sthg/ hates it so that's how you know it's the best thing to ever happen to Sonic in decades

The reason for this is that mania has no real competition. Only fans like sonic, so obviously SonicTeam hate it

No. It would've lasted. Like Bart Simpson.
Going from the originals to hard rock and water gods was edgy.

>They're the reason the fanbase has such a shit reputation.
That's some hard cope right there, but I'm absolutely positive that most of the Sonic fanbase hates classic fags.

Attached: 1559241625117.jpg (1024x1004, 59.51K)

>so obviously SonicTeam hate it
This is literal headcanon. They greenlit the game. They're the reason it exists. You need to stop peddling this nonsense, man.

>Going from the originals to hard rock and water gods was edgy.
Sonic 3 had that mural that already hinted that Sonic was going to be fighting some kind of god or whatever. Eggman was always going to be the starter tier 1 villain. Also, Sonic was always intended to be edgy. Sega only took him to his logical progression.

Then why don't they just take a page off the classicfags' book and start making their own fangames? You'd think they'd know by now that Sega clearly isn't able to give them what they want.

Attached: cream-sonic-the-hedgehog-31392482-640-480.jpg (640x480, 71.02K)

The worst thing about Mania is how almost every other game has now been written off. Even if they were decent titles like Unleashed and Colors, or solid spin-offs like Advanced, Rush, Riders or whatever. The popular wisdom is that Sonic hasn't had a good game in 20 years! And the "best" one is the one that plays EXACTLY like the classics, right down to levels being recycled directly from those games. Its a laugh riot.

Attached: b0978db6020df52bf4f74955c3ff3e3c.jpg (564x669, 40.13K)