FFXIV: Not really as good as they say. Kinda ruined TBH

The moment they made ShB a seasonal anime plot was the moment FFXIV died. It attracted a lot of the bad crowd and they started catering towards storyfags with really fucked pacing but "muh emotional kino". They tried, I actually believed they tried but sometimes the doctor can't fix everything and there's a lot of "what the fuck were they thinking" with xiv story.

Gameplay went down the shitter. Not like it was particularly fun but now each expansion just copies the last expansion because the fuckery in HW.

Your thoughts?

Attached: what happened.png (1150x651, 14.08K)

Attached: 1644586655588.gif (488x488, 24.06K)

Bro, your 4 hour video explaining every point?

It started with the monotonous shit Stormbood expansion. And goes further down with Endwalker retcon shit.
FF14 Endwalker is now an empty shell of the original ARR

ALL OF CREATION

I don't get this meme, did people really have problems with this? SOAR was kinda funny but that's only because it was the first actual filter in the game. Now it just feels like you're forcing everything to be a meme for no reason.

It's not the gameplay mechanic that's funny to me, just the fact that he's gloating about controlling the world and all it amounts to is turning an arena 90 degrees.

It's a shame they fucked up Stormblood so hard to the point that they gave up on the more grounded, humanist fantasy storytelling and went in heads first into anime bullshit.

The way my fucking stomach sank when they said that they were planning to do a full on expansion focusing on the alliance's campaign against garlemald and because what, they want to tell a story about some emo doomer fuck and his bird, it gets canned to being ONE map. Just so that they can clear the slate to tell a story about what, the fucking 13th? What can we really even fucking get from that? in terms of actually engaging storyteling and not just more anime bullshit.

Christ, literally in terms of everything but the way Zenos was handled at the end, Endwalker was such a disappointment.

Fuck you Hermes, just fuck you.

Attached: Hermes defined.png (336x380, 139.56K)

Gameplay was never good in xiv, it's like early WoWstalgia where people remember it being better because it was before the pipeline was established, when the game was more wild and untamed.
Now that the hedges are manicured and the formula is instated, people are waking up to the fact that xiv has fundamentally garbage gameplay and the real reason people are enjoying it is for the side content and erp and shit, which every other game severely lacks.

>grounded, humanist fantasy storytelling and went in heads first into anime bullshit.
so you haven't played ShB and EW then, got it

man can you shut the fuck up with your gay ass. god you niggers talk so fucking weird sometimes in xiv threads it's unreal.

Hi Barry

On the contrary FFXIV gameplay is very good and I have fun playing it :)

>me sitting on the moon wondering where it all went wrong

I fucking hate shadowniggers

I'll admit I still ultimately like ShB despite what it did to the whole Garlean plotline, but you're fucking delusional if EW isn't incredibly fucking jam packed with corny anime shit and babbies first sutra reading morals.
Hell, it even fucking ruined Emet because they just can't fucking help themselves.

I generally didn't mind EW but they REALLY shouldn't have mashed two expansions into one. It just makes the garlemald part a huge disappointment. Some of the character writing in EW was obnoxiously annoying but that's like most of FFXIV "comedy" writing. They can't balance tone at fucking all. But yes that's the problem when they don't plan shit out and they bring a writing doctor to the team.
ShB had some real dumb shit too, dumbfuck forest was fucking dumb. Honestly I feel like playing the game again on an alt to properly criticize the story since it's been so long. ARR post patch had my actual favorite moments.
I mean I generally like ShB and EW story but if you were to ask me how I'd rate it - it's somewhere between 7-7.5/10 not this OMG GOTY GOTY I LOVE MY FOTM SHIT that everyone says.

Grounded when you fight susano with a metal gear rising qte in the same expansion and a retard super samurai nazi that keeps you alive after getting tanked the floor many times

>Enjoy FFXIV
>Unsub after 500 hours like a normal person after beating a great game
>50000 hours addicts and Second life permavirgins cry foul as the game becomes popular rightfully so
>They continue to sub regardless and feed future squeenix flops
A tale as old as time. Your time is over old man, you can't keep grasping at your better times forever. It already happened with other mmos

The game is far from bad, but the elitist, hypocritical, passive-aggressive cunts that took over the community after EW are so fucking insufferable that I go out of my way to shit on the game's ""story"" and casualization at any given opportunity.

Game's ok, but FUCK the community. Remember KHfags and how bad they were in 06-08? This is the same shit.

>starts eating hamburg while ears are wiggling after book falls on head
b-but kinorino!

Vomit inducing scene

its almost as if the entire comparison is disingenuous to begin with, because every expansion has had both grounded story elements and ""anime bullshit""

Why does the XIV community hate its PVP modes? They're quite fun.

Attached: 1660474530918140.png (1920x1080, 1.4M)

Fighting Sasanoo and saving the universe isn’t the same thing.

1.x...
Home...

Attached: ffxiv-maps-the-black-shroud.jpg (2048x2048, 257.3K)

Attached: where.jpg (644x644, 66.56K)

It started with the 6+ months of nothing but welfare updates in heavensward when they pulled the team off to fix other projects and the game was run by a skeleton crew