Ultra settings are a meme

I've noticed lately people claiming they're having difficulty getting high FPS out of games or that it's impossible with newer hardware. Almost every instance of this is solved with high settings and dropping shadows down. There's almost never a noticeable fidelity difference between them.

Ultra settings are a meme.

Attached: ultra.jpg (2000x1125, 727.96K)

though

Attached: captain fucking obvious.jpg (1192x1764, 545.81K)

>I have to use DLSS to run latest games ultra settings 1440p on my 2060, this is literal oppression
let them consume

It's a bit more noticeable at very high resolutions (like 2k or 4k, for example), but yeah you're right.

>that one friend who always asks if the graphics are good and not is the game fun

What is even the point of those Ultra settings as opposed to better balancing the sliders? You would think devs would prefer to have more people being able to "max out" their games with reasonable framerates instead of crying about optimization.

ultra is the fucking good goy mode. watch as faggots will come into this thread to justify their purchase by posting "cope poorfag"

look further, near the red tree. shit like this is obvious at higher resolutions or on a bigger screen and in motion with pop in.

I honestly think that it's put in to take screenshots and to advertise with and that's pretty much it. I find it annoying that some games need a lot of tweaking like RDR2 to get the right balance for performance sake.

I wish Assassin's Creed Valhalla (looks like it at least but idk) didn't crash randomly on my PC. Fuck ubishit

I always set to ultra everything then cap the FPS at 30 so it can cope.
umad?

>Posts asscreed valhalla, which was purposefully gimped by AMD to give them more console sales
Meanwhile Cyberpunk 2077.

The game dips down to 58 fps at times so I had to force cap it to 10 fps to have a stable framerate.

I genuinely haven't seen a game that the difference between Ultra and Very High was anything other than losing 20% of the framerate. Hell most of the post-processing included in Ultra usually makes a game look worse than with it off.

Attached: 1659876038320730.webm (642x800, 2.65M)

Cyberpunk really does not need ultra settings at all and runs well without them.

what game?

It ran perfectly fine on my PC, it was just a shit game.

I know it's a shit game, i just enjoyed the scenery

the ultra high wagon wheel definitely looks the best.
but yes, graphics as a whole are suffering from diminishing returns for more than a decade by now, of course this effect will be present in todays graphics settings.

When average retard says 4k isn't viable they mean because it's not in ultra meme settings.