Is it just me or did the PS3/360 era feel like absolute dogshit...

Is it just me or did the PS3/360 era feel like absolute dogshit? Games ran like ass and almost everything was a disappointment. Resident Evil 5, Ninja Gaiden II, Oblivion, GTA IV, Bayonetta, and MGS4 were all inferior to their predecessors. Call of Duty games were shat out endlessly and the only game that was decent was Souls. JRPGs were basically a dead genre at that point. That era also spawned the emphasis on cinematic gaming experiences which is still around today. I can't think of anything good in that console generation.

Attached: 1655757842860.jpg (557x561, 183.24K)

Still better than the previous gen, unfortunately.

1/10

Attached: 1619383302252.jpg (782x769, 235.48K)

>Is it just me or did the PS3/360 era feel like absolute dogshit?
It's not just you, the beginning of the decline

Zoomers on this board don't remember playing Split screen games on PS2/Xbox at sub 20 FPS. The Medal of Honor games and Halo 2 are awful on original hardware.

Most 6th gen games had a 60 fps performance target though. That shit was thrown out of the window for le HD gaming in the ps360 gen

No they didn’t lmao what the fuck

To add to this, a lot of pa3 games ran much better at 480p than 720/1080 if you forced the resolution to be that low

Yes they did. There were hardly any AAA 7th gen games that ran at 60 fps with the exception of cod, and fighting/racing games.

It was the last gen that had real soul before the jewish tentacles started really creeping in.

Attached: kraken_by_russellmarks-d98vq57.jpg (1200x983, 99.69K)

Lots of early ps2 games where like ratchet and clank
Think it had something to do with most games being 480i

They were fun.
You can’t have fun anymore though since your brain is flooded with trash information about frames, resolutions, micro transactions, “best of the year/decade” awards, YouTube reviews, twitch streams, YouTube shorts, memes, Any Forums threads, trannies, politics…

EVERY TIME YOU POST IN THIS THREAD A _____________ DIES

Attached: 1656008360758.jpg (557x561, 74.56K)

Nostalgia is clouding your vision. Game absolutely ran worse overall on ps2 era shit than the gen after.

Only big ps2 games I remember running like shit were mgs3, sotc, and ico.

Nope lol. 7th was the gen that made 30 fps sub 720p cinematic experiences a thing

SH2 ran at 30 fps on the PS2. SotC struggle to stay above 25 during fights. You're a zoomer cosplaying as a boomer.

you just listed a bunch of great games

Theres tons of resources documenting this but alot of the time average 6th gen games could run at 60 fps
Most of the sonic games ran at 60fps (though not the ps2 ports) and onlu games that did things uncommon at the time like open worlds, which are usually cpu and disc access heavy or high fidelity shooters struggled. Even mgs2 was 60fps at launch

>Is it just me or did the PS5/xbox something era feel like absolute dogshit? Games?

Attached: 1624507176637.png (370x375, 160.78K)

>Is it just me or did the PS3/360 era feel like absolute dogshit?

It's just you i think. That was the last good generation for me. Yes, there were a lot of cancerous AAA games, but there were a lot of hidden gems and small and weird soulful games on all consoles (Tokio Jungle for example)

The early gen was really promising, especially with some first party sponsored titles, but yeah there was a lot of dogshit in that gen. This is me even talking through rose tinted glasses (ps3/360 dropped when i was in high school).

What i think it really did was solidify PC as a platform for indie devs, which paved the way for a lot of genres and uptake we have now. Not all at the same time obviously, but i see a bit of a pathway there

>faceapp
didn’t read

Nah, for the most part it gave me memorable experiences. Like looking over Venice in AC2, I knew this would have been possible in the prior gen.

Wouldn't

is this bait? that was the last non jew touched era. ps4 had good shit here and there like bloodborne or whatever. but otherwise, most soulful games are ps3/360/wii and older. as an example, think about how much fucking cool rando shit the 3ds had compared to the switch. switch basically only lets you play games and has motion controls. 3ds had streetpass, games that used the camera or the microphone, it had games that actually used the touch screen as a useful tool, a 3d slider, etc. game companies are less willing to give new things a shot in order to maximize cash flow. They have seen what troons and blacks will purchase, and have decided to follow that market.

How old are you?