Satoru Iwata explains why Playstation is ruining games (1999)

Satoru Iwata explains why Playstation is ruining games (1999)

Attached: 1660396588328459.png (848x479, 61.21K)

Go back to /vr/.

Ironic that Xenoblade is a big Nintendo franchise now

Surely he changed his opinion abit on this when inviting Capcom to release MH on their platforms.

I know this thread is going to devolve into a 'snoy games are movies' thread but this is honestly a good point. Gamers nowadays are obsessed with being 'rewarded' for doing some bullshit, by completely artificial progress systems built around a game a normal person would play because the game itself is fun, but instead they grind it because they want to receive the reward, be it a levelup on their battlepass or whatever
There's room for games being 'experiences' as Stray proves to us but to me a game first and foremost should feel good to play and the reward should be the enjoyment of the activity itself and not some carrot on a stick being held in front of you
>t. boomer

Pretty based.
Definitely ahead of its time.
I had a similar thought like 2 days ago. I was slogging through the last level of crysis 3 that I didn’t even very much enjoy, and considered ‘what am i doing this for? Stubborn pride? Its not like I’m terribly invested in this story, and if I was, I can just youtube the ending.’ I did end up just making through the last boss and sorta half-mindedly let the closing cutscene play infront of me, really not giving a shit.

A friendly reminder that under Iwata we got
>the Wii U
>first-party Nintendo title DLC and expansion passes
>drip feed virtual console and game updates
>no unified accounts across Nintendo platforms
>friend codes
>less overseas releases
And he okayed NSO.

Meanwhile so(y)nyfags still haven't mentally recovered from the NOGAEMS and PS3SUX era back in 2006 and are still the most consistently autistic fan base on Any Forums

Meanwhile Ocarina of Time did exactly that.

It was Shigeru Miyamoto who said that not Iwata

Are you honestly comparing cinematics in a game heavy on lore to cinematics as a reward system?

Attached: quotetheps3isatotaldisasteronsomanylevelsithinkitsreallyclearthatsonylostgabenewell7158181.jpg (850x400, 63.57K)

>describe literally Xenoblade
Imagine if he would've been alive when all embararrasing XC2 shit dropped

edit this to say PS5

Attached: 1580837196356.jpg (841x392, 103.86K)

Attached: ps5_demand.jpg (1436x804, 137.28K)

based nip spread redpills - devs didn't listen.
go back to reddid

This thread is already on /vr/, nigger.

Give source for OPs quote so I can copy and paste it to my friends

It's true.
t. JRPG fan

Attached: sony_slide_13.jpg (2048x1086, 236.36K)

you have to go b(l)ack

>the important thing is not having any mistakes of flaws in your game...
what did he mean by this I don't understand.

Hypocrites

I'm leaving now as op refuses to post a source

He means you should embrace flaws and mistakes to be unique rather than trying to be "perfect game".

I hate to admit it, but he was right about it. RPGs are for depressed people. Runescape, Fallout, and Morrowind helped me out during hard times. It was fun for me while it lasted, now it's time to move on and do something else.

Xenoblade has dozens of hours of cutscenes but at least 3 times more gameplay

That's a strawman. The alternative is seeing a inconsequential integer increase by 1 because I now collect another star for Mario. Cutscenes do not impact gameplay whatsoever, it's always down to whether or not the developers are hacks.

He was butthurt but correct. People who played RPGs back then were all massive stereotypical nerd basement dwellers. There was a big difference between people who only played stuff like mario and zelda and similar action games compared to people who played RPGs.

>but at least 3 times more gameplay
Not a single soul has talked about Xenoblade's gameplay in a positive manner.

It's to smooth over the fact that they were putting out games like the Pokemon series which were technically primitive and unambitious yet still managing to be completely broken, while competing systems had software doing things like streaming polygonal precalculated polygonal math from CD without issue.

>Travis Scott
didn't he get people killed

He just means that striving for perfectionism is not the way to make great games. Its better to make a buggy janky fun game than a technically perfect boring game