PC gameplay recording

Guys on PC, how are you saving clips/gifs of your game play? Record the entire session and snip out the good parts? Just a "save last 30 seconds" feature? I have a AMD gpu and the native recording features are not good. Please recommend me what to use to create gifs of my gameplay so I can share you frens

pic related, its a pic not a gif, make me better

Attached: 20220813140214_1.jpg (3840x1080, 1.67M)

fraps

get streaming software like OBS and set up a hotkey to turn recording on and off or just stream on twitch to nobody so you can save your own vods and clip them how you want

>recording clips of yourself playing games
No one cares about your gameplay

Just use win10 game recording

>press xbux logo
>press record
>profit?

OBS replay buffer

damn alright guys, 3 different options. However I'll give them each a go, twitch option last. Sounds like a lot of work.

yes you do

unironically this, the recording in Windows 10 is actually pretty okay, you can record manually or the last X seconds, and also it can capture game audio exclusively so you don't have to configure audio cable shit

>AMD gpu and the native recording features are not good
???
just turn on instant replay, set how long you want it to be and set a hotkey for it

Attached: file.png (686x88, 9.89K)

>The native recording features are not good.
RX 6600 here, you're a fucking retard and should kill yourself.

Command+G.

Im trying this now and posting a gif if I can get the bar to appear in game..

I have but the gifs are way to large and dont even fun smooth.

I have an NVIDIA card and I use the default features it comes with, ShadowPlay or whatever they're calling it these days. It's high performance (can easily record 4k) and has very little impact on the game itself. Normally I just record clips deliberately so I turn the recording on or off by hand, but if you're trying to capture spontaneous gameplay then the "save last X minutes" feature works fine as well. Just keep in mind that if you're using it the recording is writing to temp files constantly so you may want to point to a HDD location so it doesn't write shitloads of temp video on your SSD.

>create gifs
Oh also, you should make webms not gifs. They're far superior for stuff like gameplay, you can get MUCH better quality and a longer clip in a webm than you can in a gif.

Shadowplay is god tier because it uses 0% cpu except for writing the data to disk since it's all on the driver level and it uses CUDA cores or whatever to encode the actual video.
It's perfect if you want the least performance impact when playing but it doesn't have a lot of options. I use it with a rolling buffer and when some cool shit happens I just hit F10

If you have an nvidia graphics card, just use shadowplay. it records however many seconds of gameplay that just happened after you press it, it's pretty great
>playing normally
>something cool happens
>press button
>shadowplay saves the previous 30 seconds or whatever i set it to
great on hard drive space, and you don't have to dig through recordings for the good bits.
OBS has a similar feature, i think it's called replay buffer

Doesn't even use CUDA cores since those are used to actually run the game. NVIDIA GPUs have dedicated hardware built-in to do video encoding (and decoding too), that's what it uses. Note that this isn't unique to them though, AMD and even Intel also have built-in hardware encoders and decoders.

>recommend me
I cannot, in good faith, recommend you to anyone.

Attached: 1538517198828s.jpg (236x476, 19.27K)

OBS or nvidia shadowplay hotkeys
both have functionality for manually recording or saving the last X amount of time so you don't even have to worry about it

ok, so the 30 second video file from Xbox game bar was awful in quality. Its also 50mb. I give up I'm playing video games lol

nvidia shadow play does this flawlessly. im sorry you bought amd.

I never used it. If it has a bitrate setting you need to set it very high to get good quality, live hardware encoding doesn't get the best quality. The files will be huge and if you want to post them here then you need to encode as webms (ideally VP9) after the fact.