Cultist Simulator

What did you think of the best card-based vidya game ever made?
Have you ascended yet?

Attached: 1528131217_cultist-simulator.jpg (973x589, 40.98K)

cards aren't videogames.

Its good but the grind sucks.

I'm way too fucking stupid to play this game. It's a shame because I'm a huge fan of cosmic horror.

I like the idea and wish the game were better. Once you figure how thinks works it gets really tedious.

i'm genuinely curious what you mean by grind?
You mean the fact that you can end a game so easily and it takes time to get a decent one going again?

It's pretty easy user, just read the descriptions and use the pause button a lot

Wish there were more games with this artsyle and mood.

Pirated it since it's not a roguelike. By default card games are literally not capable of being roguelikes.

Was shit.

Exploring everything for the first time was great, but when you understand how the game works (at least in non-apostle and non-DLC games) the optimal route to ascension becomes extremely boring. Forge victory in particular where you have to make a shitton of money to sustain yourself fucks you over if you get marks too quickly, so you just stockpile a giant pile of cash from selling coins you get in generic expeditions and wait, wait, wait. The game pretty much expects you to not take any risks to be able to complete apostle victories as well (and Lantern apostle gathering souls objective in particular can fuck right off).

>fun exploration but horribly boring once you understand that you have to play like an autist to win
Nah it's a roguelike

Reminded me a lot of Outer Wilds in that once you put all the pieces together and understand the game it becomes trivial, but the journey getting there was really fun.

1 Good game
2 Yes? I guess?

Amazing game that filtered a lot of retards. But like people said the end game is kinda a chore.
How are the DLC do they really imporve those aspects?

Nope
now your paid company tend to shll these games constantly with flase advertising so I will not be rsponding to your trollery

These posts make me happy I finally quit going to /rlg/

Put a lot of hours into it and really enjoyed learning things; but as people have already said, once you understand what to do for a given ending, the game loses a lot of its lustre. Playing "safe" seems the obvious choice, and leads to grinding. Working on a total conversion-type mod for funsies atm.

Ghoul adds a few new mechanics for gaining ascension and I loved the writing, but generally it plays similar to a typical Legacy. Haven't played Priest or Dancer but I assume they're similar. Exile plays completely different which I enjoyed, though fishing for encounters to get certain endings gets a bit contrived. Worth a punt if they're on sale, I think.

Attached: Auclair.jpg (916x1006, 73.92K)

This game and Stacklands are frustrating for me because I'm an adhd zoomer so I don't have patience for learning their esoteric rules and win conditions.
I love Slay the Spire even though it's not the same but still a "card" game.

>Working on a total conversion-type mod for funsies atm
What are you trying to do user?

Here's a quick rundown on DLC:
Priest - you get temporary followers from your congregation with 2 in one of the aspects that you can use in rituals and such. New Knock-themed victory, pretty fun bit of lore, but grindy as fuck. You can also acheive any of the standard ones if you want. Doesn't add much more besides the lore.
Ghoul - story is interesting. You have to eat corpses which is another layer of annoyance. I played it after Dancer and Priest and just couldn't take it anymore, so I cheated to read all the lore. Nice melancholic tone to the whole story. Again, grindy as fuck.
Dancer - you get to dance in the club and become an eldrith horror. Unlocks Moth/Heart victories which are acheived through doing special expeditions, and the standard gameplay is slightly overhauled. I'd say this one is the most unique out of the 3, but it's still standard game with a few twists.
Exile - that's basically a new game in the shape of a DLC. You have to run away from supernatural mafia who sell lifetime. You have some years of lifetime you stole that you can convert to wealth, favors etc. I think there's like 10 endings for Exile, some of them depend on how much wealth you acquired before winning. You travel all over the world, and can't stay in one location for long because the mafia will find you and you'll have to either run or fight, and mafia boss can't be hurt by mundane weapons. This one is my favorite among the 4 DLCs because it's genuinely new gameplay, even though it's fucking frustrating when the hitmen find you immediately when you arrive in the new city because of RNG.

Also, why not just pirate a GOG version and see for yourself?

Heard its unfinished and the devs take multi-year long breaks or something

unfun hipster garbage game