JRPG Thread

>Attack
>Magic
>Special
>Item
>Run

Attached: jrpg collage.jpg (1317x656, 239.64K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=dIr3j_VuLN8
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

More JRPGs need positioning-based elements.

Agreed. Trails does it, but it doesn't go far enough, in my opinion.

Hearthstone already fixed the genre

Hearthstone fixed jrpgs?

DioField.

Doesn’t Live A Live do this?

So what's everyone currently playing? I'm like 15 hours in to Skies of Arcadia. GodDAMN this game rules.

Golden Sun and Lost Odyssey are awful.
What's the game left of Lunar?

Radiant Historia

playing this on my BC pstriple

Pure. Kino.

Attached: 35408-xenosaga-episode-i-der-wille-zur-macht-playstation-2-front-cover.jpg (800x1141, 138.54K)

I'm playing Xenoblade 3. I've been a little tired of the formula since 2, but it's at least more intriguing than that.

Yes, but I wish the game was harder and required you to take more advantage of it.

It's my favorite game of all time, I hope you keep enjoying it.

Dragon Quest XI is pure SOUL.
Took a few hours to click for me but now i cant put it down.

Attached: images (54).jpg (452x678, 61.62K)

Yep. Beat the game yesterday, and I beat the final boss by finding a space he could only hit my last party member with his weakest move, then spammed a slightly stronger attack and healing items to win.

How do we fix MP in jrpg?

Attached: 55964113_p0.jpg (990x1400, 706.17K)

Aaaah, thank you. Never played it.
Xenoblade 3 now, waiting for Soul Hackers, and probably DioField Chronicles next. Demo left a good impression on me. Black Legend is on sale now, look fun, but I've never seen anyone talking about it had has average 7/10 score. Usually I don't give a fuck about score, but if the game has glitches, slowdowns, and bugs, I might skip it.

Based. Saga is awesome.

Attached: f8370d0fe373963861a3d80811ce2869.jpg (1275x1800, 1.15M)

>So what's everyone currently playing?

Elden Ring - holy shit these Lyndell Sewers are huge
FUGA - currently up to chapter 2 and it feels like Valkyria Chronices

Beat Live a Live last night. Not sure what I'll play next.

How strongly would you recommend it?

How would you rate his review?
youtube.com/watch?v=dIr3j_VuLN8

Attached: 5214514.jpg (1600x798, 304.93K)

>It's my favorite game of all time, I hope you keep enjoying it.
It's such a fun, colorful, optimistic adventure, the kind you really don't see much anymore. The main draw for me is the main trio. I love these wholesome dorks so much.

I just got finished with Xenosaga. That series is a mess, but I still like it a lot.

Attached: skies-of-arcadia-legends-image-13.jpg (640x480, 43.21K)

>e-celeb

who the fuck cares?

How is that Shinning Force was the only SRPG with a classic progression while everything else was just a VN with battles slapped between scripted scenes?

Shining Force

FFVII on steam. I just got the Keystone from the Gold Saucer. What am I in for?

Attached: 0db50486de6cfdb1002cfefc2669c37c-4007624923.png (600x424, 480.07K)

I'd say it's really good. Don't know if the remaster changes anything, but the original is a pretty good game.
Music is great (Shimomura soundtrack), and, at least in a couple of the stories, the combat system can get pretty clever. The story is simple, but executed well.
A couple things, especially in the caveman chapter and final chapter, basically require a guide (to get a hidden item in the caveman chapter, you have to turn around at the last battle and work your way back to near the start of the game, then you have to press A in front of a specific rock exactly 100 times and no more, then find a door that opened, then when prompted to use an item on the structure, use a bone on it)

>goyjin slop

>leak said that SaGa Frontier 2 remaster would be out on 25th of August
>still no preorder on eShop
They lied to us. :(

>It's such a fun, colorful, optimistic adventure, the kind you really don't see much anymore. The main draw for me is the main trio. I love these wholesome dorks so much.
For me it's the world as well. They made sure to add lots of little details you might completely miss. You can examine most of the set dressing in every town and each town has some unique interactions that are only there to make them stand out, like riding the camel in Maramba. All the NPCs have new things to say very frequently even in remote locations. Try going to the deck of the Little Jack from the pause menu while on the overworld and you'll see that not only the party member dialogue changes after every story event, even Vyse's own comments about things like the hammock in the engine room gradually change with him complaining about the noise, then starting to get used to it. And you might go a playthrough without even knowing you can manually enter the ship's deck.