Was Wind Waker Link the real Hero of Time or did he simply fulfill a bunch of convenient criteria?

Was Wind Waker Link the real Hero of Time or did he simply fulfill a bunch of convenient criteria?

Attached: MW-place-Shrine_of_Azura.jpg (1000x1000, 105.44K)

seeing the general trend is Zelda games I'd say he was the chosen one.

He just rose to the occasion which then turned him into the real hero. The Hero’s spirit is a mantle that the Links take on.

he stabbed ganondorf in the head with his sword and that is all that matters imo

He looks like the same links with different art style and the mc shit when you can name it faggot and his nane being a link to player doesnt matter as being or not the pofecied hero

Why post Azura whilst discussing Zelda?

This. I don't think the Gods intended for him to be the chosen Link, but out of the need to save his sister, he became the Link of that era. WW Link may have been the only Link that wasn't intended to be the hero.

the OP question clearly parallels the Nerevarine

The only Hero of Time is Link from OoT, Wind Waker Link's title is Hero of the Winds and TP is the Hero Chosen by the Goddesses

Because there's a concept in TES called mantling, where a person retroactively becomes "the chosen one" by basically pretending they are until there is no difference.

I’d wager TP and MC links are also not destined so much as chosen after the fact.

MC maybe but TP was definitely chosen, he already had the triforce of courage

It’s been a while since I last played it but doesn’t he get it after leaving the woods to save the Down syndrome girl?

It was outright stated within the game itself that he wasn't, he was just a kid.
This is why he could (almost) perma-kill Ganon; he lacked the inherent faggotry Link normally has

Didn't TP link turn into a sacred wolf or something at the beginning of the game without having to accomplish anything beforehand?
He was even wearing the green tunic when he changed back into a human

it's marked on his hand from the beginning. It just activates or something when he enters twilight as it's what turns him into a wolf

>You could successfully kill ganon as long as you got someone who isn't link to do it
Holy shit, don't get me wrong the retcon to try and make sense of the games is fucking dumb, but that actually seems like a decent premise.

Attached: 0-392-017283978b.jpg (800x450, 329.94K)

there's only one hero of time

I think the wind waker and minish cap links are the only ones being "at the right place at the right time" of the bunch, rest were chosen.

Well it pretty much was permanent as he never reappeared on that timeline until BotW had it's on every timeline thing.
Though TP link actually kills him too (well actually maybe it's zant) but he returns in FSA I guess, that game's timeline placement makes no fucking sense

Nintendo should just have Tingle drop a bomb on ganon's head in all timelines except 1, thus we'll get rid of all the timeline faggotry

>until BotW had it's on every timeline thing.
Does BotW converge the timelines?
I never played it

>Fucking tingle is the one to end the cinematic universe bullshit and restores the game back to being nintendo's funny little adventure game

Attached: 32099012309.jpg (680x381, 40.81K)

I am one hundred percent convinced that before nintendo realized there was money to be made appealing to timeline autism that they genuinely didn't have a timeline in mind. The whole "legend of zelda" struck me as the same legend just being retold like a game of telephone. Aside from Direct sequels I guess though but I don't think there were that many before they did the whole official timeline thing right?

>was permanent
>until BotW
Do you know how finality works.

Also most Links kill him
And this isn't the case either.

Ganon (as of Skyward sword) is literally sentient seethe, walking wangst, active anger, etc. He's the reincarnation of some dudes madness he lost. Not the entire dude, no. Just his butthurt. He is eternal seethe. He'll never be fully beaten so long as that guy keeps being mad. Even in WW he was sealed rather than killed, which is probably the best way to handle him, except in the DS games a weird blue stronger pallete swap of Ganon (a completely unrleated character despite just being blue ganon) just spawned out of thin fucking air anyways so what the fuck is the point.

WW Ganon stayed dead the longer and was also the only one to show any real sapience beyond his quest for vengence (being sad for the Gerudo). So maybe being less mad = longer revival.

I look like that

Uh, too long to really explain it away but officially "It takes place SO far in the future that literally everything happened" which sort of retcons the idea of there being a split timeline at all

Officially it happens so long after all the other games that it converged.
Unofficially there is a theory that Hyrule Warriors is what converges them.

The Hero of Time's lineage was lost in the flood(or before it), but WW Link put himself up against Ganondorf to save his sister. The King saw this, thought "hey, I can work with this", and started collecting the pearls to get into the Tower of Gods so that Link could undergo the trial to be a certified Triforce of Courage operator.

Good morning sir

>The whole "legend of zelda" struck me as the same legend just being retold like a game of telephone
Brainlet take

Most Zeldas are actually direct sequels, even before timeline

it makes more sense than the timeline nintendo pulled straight out of their ass

HoT wasn't even present in the WW timeline. That's why there is no lineage

Not if you've played the games it doesn't. This has been a stupid take for over 20 years.

c0da isn't canon
mantling is gay
Nerevarine = true reincarnation of Nerevar

just saying it's a stupid take doesn't make it one. the games play out like its people talking around a campfire and when one tells the story someone else starts disagreeing saying "no no he didn't time travel he traveled to the dark world" and so on.

nobody brought up c0da, champ

These games are all linked (Oracle's recently retconned)
>Zelda 1 and 2
>ALttP, LA and Oracle's
>OoT and MM
This is ignoring the backstory of AttlP and OoT.
Then the timelime happened with WW and TP which were OoT sequels, thenmWW has two direct sequels.
The official timelime with Skyward Sword and the third split is when it went to shit

I mean, sure, if you want to go by timeline splits, but the King and Jabun both talk about a previous hero and how WWLink isn't his descendant, so there had been a hero before, and it sort of implies the hero status was hereditary.

You're a fucking retard user, stop posting.

Elder Scrolls Lore forums were filled with trannies and pseudo intellectuals

Thst previous hero was OoT link yeah

Then what happened to Sheogorath?

Because The Elder Scrolls and The Legend of Zelda take place in the same universe as they have the same metaphysics with fundamental forces with those creating the world being gods and those outside of it being daedra, Ganon is Hyrule's kulpa's Mehrunes Dagon. The old elnofey of Hyrule are the humans. The goddess is Anu. Read up on your history lower user.

samefag
thanks for the bump

Kill yourself moron

>the games play out like its people talking around a campfire
I've seen this cope every few years from the same handful of idiots.