What was the thought process behind making his team almost impossible to beat?

what was the thought process behind making his team almost impossible to beat?

Attached: t64567fb.jpg (1200x812, 150.27K)

>final boss is hard
>run to Any Forums, not even Any Forums to cry about it
Git gud

Probably the fact that it's a single player game and after you finish him there's not much to do.

I'm pretty sure the designers wanted you to fail and have to try multiple times
that's why you can rematch him almost straight away, unlike, say, the elite four

>deep colosseum
>mt battle
>post game shadow pokemon hunts
i mean not entirely true. there was more to do in XD though. orre colosseum was one of the hardest facilities in the series

>impossible to beat
Never given me any trouble.

it's because he's the fucking final boss you tard

wait till XD

Attached: f1f0539e48523c07063557ed79948d48.png (836x1174, 147.1K)

>10-level jump from the previous fight
>basically has smogon sets
yeah okay retards, totally fair

>Final boss was that gentle NPC you met... for a grand total of five minutes.
I'm sure it felt like a great twist in the head of whoever wrote the script but it doesn't really work like that.

you literally have umbreon which is tanky as fuck, espeon which is a sp.atk powerhouse and the legendary dogs how the fuck can you struggle in this fight?

>pokemon "story"
dont strain your brain too much over it honey

earthquake one-hit KOs entai and raikou
I have no patience for grinding and my pokemon were all under level 50 by the time I faced him so my strategy was rain dance/surf with both suicine and ferraligator and plus using sing with altaria

Attached: sd324dfg.png (898x709, 184.22K)

How old are you? Or are you a woman? Saying a Pokemon game is hard is either you're mentally handicapped or one of the two I just mentioned

you can beat them even while underleveled, just buy these from phenac and buff up

Attached: 6ae8963553161a699cb7406b93cb496e.png (377x530, 19.88K)

Yes, it absolutely is fair, if the man were just a normal trainer of the same level then it'd be boring as fuck. And if it isn't in your eyes then tough tits mate, he's the final boss. It's supposed to screw you a bit.
Even modern Pokemon does this with stuff like Ultra Necrozma, albeit that's only one Pokemon.

I don't play pokemon games, especially non-mainline ones

i literally didnt ask

Neither did I

I agree. I think the first time i did it, i didnt really know who he was. He wasnt integrated well into the story

>make FINAL BOSS that isn't a pushover, unlike every other fight in pokemon
>pokefags collectively shit themselves

Attached: 1660056995931306.jpg (576x481, 148.08K)

i'm pretty sure it only took me one or two tries the first time i played this as a kid
espeon was probably overleveled

>save scum and capture his entire team: the boss fight
boring

Because you are retarded, outside Tyranitar and the 50% of Slaking actually doing something it's easy as piss.

Pokemon games tend to be a power fantasy. Imagine taking up any kind of sport or competition and just winning. You start on your journey to be a Chess grandmaster and everywhere you go you just win against everybody. As you get better and face better Chess players, you're always ahead of them, and then in record time you find yourself standing at the top as the Chess grandmaster champion. It's very rare, but very special when a Pokemon match is hard. That's one of the things I liked about Colosseum, it had some difficulty spikes. I don't know about you guys, but I remember losing to Miror B and his Ludicolos.

i wish the no-item consume glitch was still in XD so you could chuck master balls at them all

kill slowking first and it's already over

>Shadow Ball Slowking
>Bulk Up Slaking
>Baton Pass Scizor
>No Items
Yeah, sure, Smogon sets.

Attached: Evice.png (984x797, 191.8K)

>go into fight with party of 5
>master ball lugia
>lugia is an unkillable wall in the second fight while you catch his shit

he skill swaps sloking/slaking and if he does that it's gg

Shadow ball sloking is because they know that you probably have espeon on your team and they're trying to fuck you
it's actually the only cleverly designed boss in pokemon history