When does it get scary?

When does it get scary?

Attached: Dead_Space_Box_Art.jpg (274x364, 194.64K)

it doesn't

When the enemies are screaming in your headphones and running at you full speed

Put it on the hardest difficulty
Headphones on loud
Lights off at night

It isn't that scary though. Only jumpscares but even then they're predictable.

So only jumpscares? Shame. The whole stuck in space concept sounds terrifying. So far the only scary moments to me were when I was in a vacuum, and even that was more intense than scary

What's the purpose of the marker turning things into necromorph when infestors exist. Like I get when the marker is activated, all corpse turns into necromorphs, then why does it need infestors? Does a person with a cut limb for example his hand turns into a necromorph? I remember the Dead space 3 cutscene where Issac falls into a pile of dead bodies, why doesn't the pile of corpse turns into necromorphs when the marker is activated? Is there a range for the marker effective range? Was the Marker still on when Issac arrived? Why no convergence?

There's a pretty eerie atmosphere and audio logs to go with it. Worked for System Shock 1 and 2

Yeah it's weird. Maybe it's just me but so far this game hasn't done anything wrong. The level design, the overall atmosphere, the necromorphs and their semi random jumpscares, the lack of music... it has all the components necessary to be scary but I just don't find it scary whatsoever.

filtered.

Dead Space was always action game first horror game second. The retarded Alien/Aliens comparison makes people think that the first game is some horror masterpiece and the sequel steered it into unexpected direction. Even though it improved both the horror and action.

Attached: 1444267744801.webm (720x480, 1.28M)

Attached: Dead Space 2 Window.webm (1280x720, 2.78M)

same thing happened to me, i just already knew all the memes of necrosmurfs pretending to be dead and randomly coming out of vents

doesn't help that i just replayed bioshock 1, which has a lot of the same horror tricks

literally every horror game is only scary if you let it be. you have to be willing.

that doesn't seem very safe. not safe at all!

its the opposite for me, it gets less scary because all the scare is pretty much the same, just necro bursting out air vents over and over again.

Hot take: fiction can't be scary. Fear is a response to danger, no danger = no fear. It can be tense, startling, unnerving, but not scary.

You're probably a zoomer faggot that sprints through games looking for the death scenes so they can learn where they are and avoid getting spooked by them.

Anyone who plays Dead Space and plays it fairly will be shitting their pants listening to every sound and watching every corner and vent for necromorphs. When I played it I could play an hour at a time because I was sweating buckets the whole time and felt like I'd run a marathon after an hour. The game is stressful and terrifying as fuck, unless you're a fucking waste of life faggot that thinks deliberately ruining the "horror" part of horror games makes you cool or interesting.

It should be scary and tense in the first chapters but the effect wears off pretty quick and gets repetetive. In the last chapters you will be asking yourself ”Why am I playing this again ?”

That's only because dead space makes you too powerful too quickly. It's not scary when you know you can defend yourself from anything that comes your way. When you only have the starting saw and painfully little ammo everything is terrifying.

Prey 2017 had the same problem, terrifying and great for the first 2 hours, disappointing and easy for the remainder.

I understood it that transforming dead bodies with marker signal takes time but infector can rapidly change a person to a necromorph allowing the epidemic to spread faster.

The Marker is a psychic manipulation tool, the infector just changes physical biology. The Marker is infinitely more important because it psychically dominates life forms to want to become necromorphs and fuse into a bretheren moon. The infector is a useful tool but can't compare to the influence of a marker and/or bretheren moon.

soul

Why would anyone build an automatic door with enough force to bisect a human being wearing armor?

Imagine being an adult and being "scared" of pixels on a screen