Do you enjoy Arena Shooters?

Do you enjoy Arena Shooters?

I played Unreal Tournament and Quake 3 yesterday for the first time even though I'm an old 34yo fag and had a lot of fun.

Attached: 2ut.jpg (1280x1024, 230.33K)

As long as you remember the golden rule, fun =/= quality.
No. I hate them. Theyre dull, repetitive shit with even less variety than your average fps shooter.

This is because you only look at surface level ideas (probably of everything). What makes arena shooters addicting is the -depth-.

yes, doom 2016 and doom eternal

If you play against your friends, not people that have been playing it for 20 years then yes.

Play UT 2004

I love them but getting into them nowadays is almost impossible as the playerbase consists of hardcore boomers who have been playing them for more than 20 years now

I'm not aware of that term, do you mean boomer shooters?

Explain to me what depth youre referring to and dont skimp on examples

Fun is the only metric that matters
>first person shooter shooter

So in your troon head, a boomer shooter is what?

They were only fun as casual LAN games where you could shit talk your friends too.

Not him but mastering movement alone is deeper than any modern zoomer shit that purposely handicap momentum because console shitters cant keep up

As opposed to a shmup shooter or arena shooter or battle royale shooter or 3rd person shooter or vehicle combat shooter or combat sim shooter or zoomer shooter or boomer shooter

Wrong. Try again. Give me an example of depth. Theres several "zoomer" shooters that work exactly like on pc on console, mechanics wise and all.

What the fuck are you on about

Same shit my zoomer bros are on

>Do you enjoy Arena Shooters?
yes
if you have an oculus quest, play quake 3 like that, it feels almost like quake 3 was designed to be played in vr

>less variety than your average fps shooter.
simple games are often higher quality than complex games
i'd rather play a game like warlords for the atari 2600 than something like tower defense, even if both are about protecting your base from destruction

Cringe

That doesnt make sense.
If all boomer shooters are cringe, and all zoomers are cringe, then what isnt cringe to you?

Nah. If it has soul then its worth playing, no matter how old or new it is. And variety is the spice of life.

Every day I dream that franchises like UT and Tribes make a comeback.

uh, yeah, sure thing
peace out there, stoner bro