Just completed picrel for the first time and it was great, loved every second of it. i heard there were sequels to it...

just completed picrel for the first time and it was great, loved every second of it. i heard there were sequels to it, how are they?

Attached: 999.jpg (774x774, 172.76K)

Depends on how much you enjoy seeing a writers descent into schizophrenia and light twitter propaganda in his latest entries

The 3D models in the sequels suck and the first game's style is better, but VLR has a great story and I still remember it well, but the third game I didn't enjoy. I also played all 3 in the same year and while I'd be up all night playing the first two not wanting to put it down, the third game I was forcing myself to play it to the finish.

vlr is fantastic, if a bit tedious pacing wise. ztd is rapidly shifting between kino and dogshit and ends up somewhere in the middle

Wasn't it a thing where the third game, he only did the story for Sigma and Phi, while two other teams wrote the other stories, because he wanted to be surprised by the other stories and it just made the game a mess?

Did you not find it tedious replaying escape the room sequences just to see the real ending? I got 2 bad endings and then watched the rest on youtube. I haven't played the sequels.

I think VLR is fantastic and, while not having the crispness of sprites, the models look very nice and are very expressive.
ZTD is shit. People say it’s so bad it’s good which I think is wrong and a cope and they also say you should play it for closure which I also disagree with, just leave that jar of bees untouched.

>vlr is fantastic
for most of it, but it nosedives hard towards the end and pretty much ruins it
all 3 sucked anyway

VLR is retarded in retrospect but still a great time.
ZTD is only enjoyable if you go in expecting to get a laugh out of how bad it is.

Attached: 1583919678867.png (1118x1036, 778.35K)

VLR is the best at puzzles and story twists. Third game was in development hell and never recovered.

>Did you not find it tedious replaying escape the room sequences just to see the real ending?
yea but it didnt really bother me too much considering i was able to fast-forward with emulation, i can definitely see that being a genuine concern though, do the future games do the same thing?

seethe

Vlr is even better

you get a flowchart of possible paths so it becomes easier to manage

VLR is good but is setup for ZTD which retroactively ruins the entire series. Pretend 999 is a standalone (as it was written to be) and live your life in ignorant bliss.

alright so from what im getting here
>VLR good
>ZTD bad
thats pretty disappointing to hear, what happened to ZTD and what exactly made it so bad besides the aforementioned development hell

Attached: 1645807267078.png (1049x701, 1.32M)

Here is a list of retarded plot points in VLR, which every user in this thread has widely regarded to be better than what came after it
>Whole plot relies on Sigma never looking at his reflection (such as when he is at the sink or near the water in the garden or any reflective surface), never touching his face, or never having any of the other 8 characters comment on his robot eye
>The entire concept of radical 6 is dumb. The game only explains how it could work in a vertical scenario with gravity, and doesn't explain how someone walking forward or throwing something wouldn't immediately notice something was wrong
>Aluminium foil being put under the bracelets is extremely stupid, because it opens up a massive plothole where sigma could just timeline warp to the start and remove bracelets immediately. Even dumber, the game had absolute zero cryochamber things that reduce your heart rate to zero, which would also remove the bracelet, and be a much better explanation, while also removing the possibility of having the bracelets be removable on your own, which could even build into the games concept of trusting others/the prisoners dilemma.
And its even dumber for ZTD, but every user can probably see why with entire plotpoints that are just never explained, dropped, or explicitly handwaved by the game.
Say seethe all you want, 999 was relatively tight in its plot, and at least had the emotional hook of trying to save a group of children. The writer progressively got worse, and it just so happened at around the time he became involved significantly with twitter.

dropped a couple of plot points people were interested in from VLR
has some of the most retarded plot twists
generally fairly messy storytelling.
Honestly I enjoyed ztd, but i understand why people hate it. I'd personally still recommend playing it, but only after finishing VLR.

You forgot to mention it looks like absolute garbage to the point that the visuals are a serious detriment to the experience.

The simple non-spoiler version is that it was made with Westerners in mind and as an entry point friendly game to the series despite the plot being absolutely dependent on the first two games.

vlr is even better

I wouldn't consider it an entry point at all.
imo you can play VLR without 999, but playing ZTD without both 999 and VLR is kind of a terrible decision.

Yeah I’m thinking VLR is kino

Attached: vlr team spirit.png (1920x1080, 549.17K)

Honestly just play it. It's more fun that way.
Here's a sneak peek.

Attached: 1640608191154.webm (542x310, 2.29M)

I wouldn't myself either, but it was definitely written with the idea that it would be the first game for new fans by neutering the roles of reappearing heroes and the like.

2nd game is absolutely worth your time if you liked 999. Unfortunately, the author decided at some point after the 2nd game that he didn't want to finish the objectively impressive and hilariously childish mindfuckery he'd set up and the 3rd game utterly failed to live up to any hype established by the time it finally came out. Absolutely kickass soundtrack, though.

God I fucking hate Alice

i knew the game looked terrible but i didnt think it'd be this bad, my god

Attached: 1657350086237.jpg (1200x1078, 213.74K)