The peak of arena shooters

The peak of arena shooters

Attached: Serious Chad 2.png (600x900, 595.09K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=_4wc2ywFWW4
twitter.com/AnonBabble

TSE is better.

Sam is a subpar series

With the recent updates SS2 is far and away the best in the series.

Serious Sam 2 had the best design. The swamps, chinatown, giant picnic levels, etc were a lot cooler than egyptian and mayan ruins over and over and over again.

King of rogue lites too

Attached: Serious Sam Tormental~2.png (2220x1080, 1.13M)

Genuinely when was the last time you played TSE. It is inferior to TFE in almost every way.

I replay it annually as a Christmas tradition of mine and TFE never compared to it. TSE has it all, better enemy placement and more varied encounters and levels, better boss fights (even though there are just three, the Bloody Hurricane is great and his arena is so fucking fun) and the best final level in the series with the best track to boot:
youtube.com/watch?v=_4wc2ywFWW4

I live and die by TSE.

>always hear that SS TSE is hated by fans
>nowhere anywhere, ever, have i heard thia from a persons mouth directly, only journos
This is how you know the series sucks.
If both sides are so fucking out of touch, then the product is to blame for being so terrible.

SS TSE with the Violence mod is the ABSOLUTE BEST SS game, anyone who disagrees deserves to be turned into a kamikaze

Based

TFE is completely barebones. By TSE they learned how to use the level editor and came up with WAY more varied and cool maps.

I still can't find the willpower to finish BFE
At this rate I'll never even play SS4

BFE is garbage, I don't blame you.

I can't explain why BFE feels like a slog to play compared to TFE and TSE

Because it's not a Serious Sam game, it's a generic FPS with Serious Sam clothing, but none of its substance or charm.

There are only two ways to properly play BFE:
VR or with a gorillion mods applied.

Bump

you fundamentally do not understand what an arena shooter is.

TSE has better boss fights but the addition of the sniper rifle and the not-manucubs greatly harm the game for me irreparably. The sniper rifle necessitates large maps to justify its existence, but then using the sniper in these large maps almost entirely negates any challenge, not helped by the fucking hundreds of sniper rounds in every map. Every time the not-mancubus is in play, it would be better to replace it with a werebul or biomech major. Every time.

People actually think about enemy placements and shit in these games? I just turn the game on and play, 5 rockets for red 1 for blue, shotty for skeletons. You dont need anything more than this.

>shotty for skeletons
You clear kleer alley with coach gun only on Serious?

If the ammount of kleer isnt too big then yeah, im saving ammo for larger encounters and i get to use the shotty. If its a large crowd then i just pick whichever one has ammo surplus and can clear quickly.

Serious Sam 2 has a bad habit of locking you in a small room for way too goddamn long while you basically spawncamp enemies for 10 mins per room.
The game would've been 10x better if they cut 9 mins off of every small room encounter, of which the game has about 100 of them.

Seeing the cathedral for the first time as kid while that soundtrack was blasting through my speakers was such a kino moment.

Attached: the_grand_cathedral.jpg (1280x720, 105.3K)