Kneel

Kneel

Attached: R (1).png (1100x1100, 853.23K)

Literally best price/performance right now. Go with it if you're too poor for a decent PC.

*holds back an entire generation*

Unironically the best console this gen. You can buy used for dirt cheap and with Goy Pass / RetroArch, it becomes beast of a gaming machine. It also has a 60 fps standard for games so it never feels like you're doing games injustice on SeS.

Attached: Screenshot_20220711-230657_Gallery.jpg (1080x2220, 1.13M)

How? Are you telling me devs are too stupid to just lower resolution? SeS scales so well to SeX that it would only ever become a true choke point if a retard dev decided to make a 1080p SeX game.

The true choke points this gen are incompetent devs. The hardware is really good this gen.

No games.

>all-digital

Attached: C28B1652-5E49-4E63-A2BA-8206FC097CD7.jpg (1334x750, 146.78K)

Nope, PS5 DE has much better price/performance.

Absolutely. Only bought it cos I couldn't get hold of a Series X but I can't believe how great everything runs on it. Wanted to replay Fallout 3 and found out they updated it to run at 1440p 60FPS. I would've enjoyed it anyway but the amount of work MS is doing behind the scenes to upgrade these older games for new consoles makes me genuinely hype

I have also been using it to emulate games but at the end of the day it's just not made for it.
A good PC will always be superior if we are talking about emulation.

I've had mine for like a year and a half now and literally the ONLY complaint I have with it is the hard drive space.
I only bought it to play until the Series X came back in stock and now they are I don't feel like it's even necessary to upgrade.

>holds back an entire generation

That would be the PS4 son.

Based if true.

You mean Xbone

A good second system if you want to put a console in another room I want to get one for that reason someday

>I only bought it to play until the Series X came back in stock and now they are I don't feel like it's even necessary to upgrade.

I own a SeX and a SeS and running side-by-side you would never tell the difference between the two unless you're a complete fucking autist.

Best comparison I can think of is a base PS4 vs a PS4 Pro.

Attached: 20220427_134440.jpg (2847x2268, 1.26M)

Attached: 1629032220310.jpg (480x480, 44.86K)

PC is superior if you want to emulate really old games, but the advantage of the series S is that the 360 era games all just work on it flawlessly by default. Half the old games on Steam outright don't run at all on windows 10/11 and require some elaborate community patches and fixes to get running at all and even then they have lots of issues. So yeah, PC obviously wins when it comes to PS2, Wii, switch etc emulation, but PC actually loses big time when it comes to backwards compatibility of its own old PC games library.

>want to put your game on Steam and XSX
>it goes on Steam with no problems
>try to put your game on XSX
>Microsoft: "you have to put this game on XSS" too
>"No"
>Microsoft blocks you from releasing on XSX
Why?

>digital
Fuck off

Because the series S is not a different console from the series X, it has the exact same architecture. Why would a developer be uncooperative to lower the resolution and maybe put a couple of graphic settings from high to medium? Are you an idiot?

But a series S is an improvement over an Xbox One right? I don’t own a next gen system yet

t. I developed games rpg maker games for 3 weeks

Attached: 1659299957324290m.jpg (1024x967, 67.38K)

Yes and no. Series S is basically the best device if you want emulation on a TV and not wire an HDMI cable through your house and then hope controllers work with the distance to the PC.

Also, I can play games like Red Dead Redemption and Lost Odyssey on SeS. They are not on PC.

Honestly, Series S has just as many 60 fps games as SeX. And since its games are basically 1080p minimum, most games run and look just fine. I have a gaming PC and I am more than pleased with SeS performance. It's a tiny ass console delivering 60 fps across the board on current gen games. It's great value. Only get SeX if you really want that physical storage and more memory.

Playstation isn't forcing devs to create ps4 versions like xbox is forcing devs to make series x and s versions.

Your shitty indie game is just a shovelware filler. If you were the least competent, you'd know that setting up a Series S profile is piss easy. Your 2D Game Maker game probably doesn't even need any compromises going from SeX to SeS.

Games like metro exodus literally run at 720p on the series s.

In fact, sub 540p in the Taiga area is common according to Digital Foundry. In less demading areas it can be 864p but expect a low resolution experience.