Monster Hunter Rise: Sunbreak

>Extremely difficult post-game monsters
>Powered up monsters like the Frenzy
>leveled quest that you can grind to level up, like guild quests
>Can upgrade equipment past it's capacity and get new properties but instead of using frenzy crystals it's afflicted items
>Steve, Gore, and Shaggy are in, along with the metal Raths
I didn't know they released the true sequel to Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate. Just need the molten Tigrex to make a comeback

Attached: 327mm0t5akn81.png (1310x738, 1.38M)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=PqFjjs_qNn4
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

There's nothing difficult or interesting about afflicted. They are boring because they have a shitload of hp and their supposed aggressiveness is still nullified by one of the gorillion crowd control methods the game has, whether traps, KOs, counters or pets who shit out status damage.

the true sequel to the worst game aside of spinoffs (GU)? Yeah that's right

>didnt want sunbreak
>folded and got it
>its actually really fucking good with the things they fixed

You fags were onto something, ill admit.

Attached: Screenshot_20220812-220530_YouTube.jpg (1079x643, 220.67K)

what im in for?

Attached: 81ey+vn0XpL._SL1500_.jpg (1500x1334, 473.49K)

the best MH but if youre playing on 3ds be prepared to hate underwater combat, i recommend using lance or gunlance for underwater fights even if you dont use those weapons normally.

Been playing MH games since the original. Sunbreak just looked like a downgrade after World.

I liked that World had an actual story going on. It was nice for a change. I know they others have sort of had a storyline, but it was always very barebones. World realyl fleshed things out. It was even cool to see Ace Cadet show up.

I still don't believe how fuckin on point Capcom was with some of the balance changes, the buffs to Lance are stronger than what modders were doing

In depth story just doesn't work with Monster Hunter, World and Iceborne story dragged on A LOT to the point it took away some of the enjoyment of progressing in the game, 4U did story the best since it didn't overstayed its welcome

Wait, what the fuck

youtube.com/watch?v=PqFjjs_qNn4

Attached: its happening again.jpg (1024x817, 76.59K)

They should give afflicted monsters new moves, I'm sick of Wroggi doing 400 hip checks a minute because he doesn't have any other moves.

This, I get that a story on some level is needed or wanted, but World didnt need to make the entire fucking plot about Zorah going into Nerg going into Shara. These are wild animals that prey on each other when there's opportunity, but the game wants you to think its this weeb anime shit where the villain isnt who you think they are and constant "we need to travel here to find the next clue *cue anime walking montage* ". There is no reason why the nergigante is exactly the same one from the start to finish of the game, atleast with Gore it was the same creature the whole time because it was portrayed as this violation of nature that needs to be stopped.

>wirebugs still in the game

>HEY MISTER MONSTER!!

A comfy atmosphere.

>narga doing six fucking tail slams in a row
STAHP

>Rise
>Extremely difficult post-game monsters

Attached: 1652358748266.png (189x188, 74.45K)

I think they toned it down for Rise to an agreeable degree. It was also much more bearable because you can skip them and there is no requirement of doing the missions cutscenes before coop is enabled.

World had pretty much the same story as any other MH.
The only real difference is it's full of unskippable cutscenes.

>Monster Hunter 4's rookie hunter and friends
that's RAD

God damn i miss that bastard. Apex afflicted kulu when

Fuck
Kut ku

Now if only they do the same thing to Gunlance.

>time to kick some lunastra!
I hope that's the only "Ow my fireballs!" tier writing

Attached: 1651575885591.gif (501x502, 750.08K)

What do I even do with lance?
I picked it up as a diversion from my usual fare, and I kinda like playing it.
Anchor/countertrust whenever possible, swipe when enough time, twin vine on upkeep?

>difficulty is just bloated hp

Nah.
Its full of it.
To the very fucking brim.